1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Big Al's Big Un's...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Mike - The Kiwi, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    My Aussie mate Al Mackie "Alamac" is the undisputed master of converting the big 1/6th figures from Naked & Khaki Armies.

His latest batch shows what is possible with a bit of time, effort & willingness to take a motortool to these massive 300mm beautys. Alan is an inspiring, enthusiastic modeller that can only call by here from time to time.
    So he's OK'ed me sharing these here for us to enjoy.

My favourite from this lot is Aussie Light Horse with Mk1 .303 at Gallipoli.
    How about you?

This is a John Rosengrant Jacobite conversion.
    All others are either Naked Army or Khaki Army figures.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    This is Al's painted bust of Tobruk Aussie
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg image.jpg
    chailey, megroot, tiberius57 and 7 others like this.
  2. NickM Well-Known Member

Australia
    Beaut collection of figures there, Mike. That Light Horseman is great, but my favourite is the Digger with the Thompson slung over his shoulder.
    Thanks for posting these :)
    Mike - The Kiwi likes this.
  3. Bootneck Well-Known Member

They look fantastic Mike. No one favourite as they all are testament to skill. Not an easy scale to paint in and do a convincing job but these look so life like that if photographed with a suitable background you would think it a real person.

Fantastic.

Peter.
  4. Macca G A Fixture

Australia
    Al performing "surgery" to convert these figures is something to behold. It involves an angle grinder. Having done one of these large scale figures they are actually very forgiving and easy to paint.
  5. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Can only imagine Graham :)
    Especially seeing this latest group with a conversion of Aussie Gunner into an infantryman.
    A wonderful display of Diggers from WW1 thru to Afghanistan. Only Boer War is missing ;)

From this: ... ... ... To this:
    image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Bootneck, Stephan, megroot and 2 others like this.