1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Best way to fill gaps/create stability between miniature and slotted base?

Discussion in 'Just starting...' started by spilth, Sep 11, 2014.

1. spilth New Member

United-States
    I just recently picked up the Judge Dredd Miniatures Game Starter Kit. All the models are mounted on a piece of metal that you can slide into the provided bases. While some of them fit snuggly (making it easy to glue them to the base), others hardly fill the slot up, thus making it difficult to glue them into place.

What's the best way to fill the gap so that the model is sturdy and there's plenty of surface area for the glue to adhere to?

Should I fill the slot with "green stuff" and then push the models base into that for security? Use Epoxy? E-6000?
  2. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    If the models have slotted bases like Games Workshop, you can crimp the metal projection under the figure with a pair of pliers so they figure sits snuggly in the slot.

Colin
  3. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    spilth,..
    I have always found 'Green-Stuff', to be very messy. and fiddly! you may find yourself spending more time cleaning-up the surrounding area, rather than the actual gap! Possibly look to 'Milliput Super Fine' white, as a starter! as some fillers can be costly!;)

Mark
  4. swralph A Fixture

Hi spilth,you could use a piece of plastic card, glue it to the base,when dry cut out a new slot.Add groundwork to hide the extra piece of card.
    Ralph.
  5. Helm A Fixture

England
    Plain old milliput or even cheaper builders filler like Polyfilla Tetrion etc