1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bengal Lancer Uniform

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by Nap, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi guys ,

This might be of some use if Indian Army is your interest ..either way great references

Nap image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Nap
    Steve, akaryu and Mark S like this.
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Nice uniform ref. Pics Kev but Bengal Lancer is a bit vague, any idea which regiment this is?

Roger
  3. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Roger ,

Not sure which Regt will try and find out ...all suggestions welcome .

Nap
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Chillin` on the balcony in Piskopiano with a cold Mythos but I will have a look at the weekend when we're home again.

Roger
    peedee and housecarl like this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I have a suspicion it is the uniform of the Governor General's Bodyguard. :confused:
    I`ll have another beer and give it some consideration.:)

Roger
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Roger,

According to Bowling's Indian Cavalry Regiments 1800- 1914 it pretty much matches the uniform for the Governor General's Bodyguard, Bombay except the dark blue overalls had double gold lace stripes, the girdle is described as gold lace with two red stripes and the helmet turban white and gold . I can't find any other description matching the uniform in the photo.

Cheers
    chris
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

I've just been looking at my copy of Bowling and aren't any wiser either. I think the answer lies in the monogram on the buttons and pouch.
    Here's an interesting site, http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORCES/Units/Features/407-PBG.html

Roger.
  8. F Troop Active Member

United-States
    Paging Dr. Mike Thomas......please ID this uniform :) Thanks