1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Beneito Miniatures - Isandlwana MD-17

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,

I know this kit again has been out a few years but I finally decided to buy it.

Titled Isandlwana from Beneito Miniatures www.miniaturasbeneito.com stock number MD-17 and painted by Jose Hidalgo, the sculptor is not named, let’s hope Jose can fill that blank in.

I have always liked this kit and the animation in it. The face of the officer tells the desperate story of the last fight for life and really well captured considering this is only 54mm scale. The sense of movement between the two figures is excellent. The other thing I like about this kit is the possibilities for conversion. With a little bit of thought and conversion, the Zulu warrior could be attacking a number of different units. Beneito’s also do single Zulu’s from the Prince Imperial kit so the scene could be extended.

A few of the conversion possibilities that jumped out at me are Mounted Infantry, Natal Mounted Police, Royal Horse Artillery, Natal Native Horse, Natal Native Contingent or even a Staff Officer. Anyway, whatever your preference don’t look at what is not there, but what is!

Another little gem from Jose and Beneito Miniatures, well done my friend I love it and hope you like it too.

cheers

Richie
    CIMG7166.JPG CIMG7167.JPG CIMG7168.JPG CIMG7169.JPG CIMG7170.JPG CIMG7171.JPG CIMG7172.JPG CIMG7173.JPG CIMG7174.JPG CIMG7175.JPG md17.jpg
  2. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very nice Richie, Beneito also have a couple of nice Rorkes Drift pieces which I've been eyeing up for a while. I've never built (or bought for that matter) a Beneito kit but I like their approach of a "vignette in a box"

Thanks for the open box review :)
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Looking forward to seeing this develop Richie. I've always been a fan of Beneito kits, particularly their ready made scenes.
    Always full of personality.
    Sadly missed at Euro it was without doubt my favourite stand and display.
    Cheers
    Derek
    Dennis likes this.
  4. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    A nice kit
    Enjoy it
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    A nice little vignette, superb review. Another of my fav periods.
    regards