1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Bench Protectors - mil-mart miniatures

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mil-mart, Mar 16, 2012.

1. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not sure what to call these little fellas but see them as the title suggests guarding your paints whilst you're away from the bench. ;)
    After picking up a set of 1:24th scale Enfield rifles from Steve at Reedees miniatures I was determined to have a mini break from doing Flats and attempt to do an American Civil War 75mm full figure only I got carried away with the putty.:)
    These two A.C.W Confederates are the first set I'm planning on doing in this range and hope to add Vikings, French Imperial Guard, Germans etc .
    Many thanks for looking and all comments and suggestions for future sets are very welcome. IMG_4064 bw.jpg
    Cheers Ken
    IMG_4066 bw.jpg IMG_4070 bw.jpg

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    You know what I think Ken.
    I don't know what goes on in your head.
    Carl.(y)
    1969 likes this.
  3. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Brilliant Ken!

You have limitless talent!

Cheers,
    Jon.
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Carl I think it's due to the mix of fumes from Resins, Paints and also eating too much Magic-Sculpt. ;)

Jon many thanks mate.

Cheers Ken
  5. Mongo Mel Active Member

United-States
    Love it!
    What came to mind for me was the old Bugs Bunny cartoon where he meets up with the Hatfields and McCoys.
    Probably not what you want to hear and I mean no disrespect to your figures.
    It's just what popped into my head. :LOL:
    Jamie Stokes likes this.
  6. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Craig thanks for the comments and certainly no offence taken after all it's meant to be a fun piece, just glad that you like it. :) I remember that Bugs cartoon , brilliant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQQGSsI87kA:D

Cheers Ken
  7. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Ken. I like them and I will give them a try. Never paint ACW figures before, but yours are a special theme. Will show them in our german forum.

When they will be available?

Ulrich
  8. T-34/85 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    Craig, you hit it right on the head!:LOL: That cartoon still makes my eyes water when I see it. Ken, I'll have to see about picking these up, excellent work!
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cracking idea Ken and like Carl says, its surprising what goes on inside your head:)
    Expanding this into a varied range to cover different parts of history sounds a good idea, sounds like I have better make more 1/24 weapons :rolleyes:
    Catch you tomorrow mate at Hinckley, hope to see this pair there,

Steve
  10. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ulrich glad you like them and thanks in advance for posting them over in Germany. A bit of cleaning up to do and then prepare them for casting, the first figure breaks down into 9 or 10 parts so maybe target mid April.

Tom, many thanks.

Steve, thanks mate and I might just pick up those Martini- Henry rifles when I see you tomorrow. (y)

Cheers Ken
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Brilliant Ken!

Cheers,
    Pedro.
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Pedro more to follow. :)

Cheers Ken
  13. Dr Force A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great stuff Ken. A very different idea and you have captured the animation very well indeed. Are you going to be selling these as a set? Or not selling at all?
  14. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Dave thanks for the comments and yes hopefully I'll be selling them as a set in the not too distant future.

Cheers Ken
  15. blabsy PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ken,
    after a long day,those two put a smile on my face;)
    You have impish sense of humor.
    Best Regards
    Paul
  16. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul glad you like them, I'm just working on a shorter version of the French Imperial Guard you just finished.:)

Cheers Ken
  17. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Fantastic bit of fun Ken,look forward to seeing what you come up with next.(y)

Cheers David
  18. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    David thanks for the comments already 3 or 4 idea's on the go.

Cheers Ken
  19. Dimmu Borgir Active Member

Greece
    Excellent.I like them very much and i look forward for their release!!!I love caricatures and you sir have done a superb job!!
  20. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Fun! Lovely! Lively!

Cheers & Bravo!