1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Bear Cossack! At last!

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by valiant, Apr 28, 2013.

1. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

Finally finished this one, now its over to Mr Leadley junior to wave his brush over! Just a bit of final cleaning up, then mounting on its base.
    I will ensure that "son and heir" posts progress pics of his paint job!

Thanks for looking,

Steve(y)

Attached Files:

• Cos1.jpg
      Cos1.jpg
      File size:
      179.5 KB
      Views:
    • Cos2.jpg
      Cos2.jpg
      File size:
      181.8 KB
      Views:
    • Cos3.jpg
      Cos3.jpg
      File size:
      191.6 KB
      Views:
    • Cos4.jpg
      Cos4.jpg
      File size:
      161.1 KB
      Views:
    • Cos5.jpg
      Cos5.jpg
      File size:
      200.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Nice one looking forward to the paint

Steve
  3. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Very cool indeed!
    Am I to assume your son does the painting? I wish mine could paint... It would make the big projects go that much faster!
    Can't wait to see the finished product of this collaberation all painted up and based

Great idea and execution

Colin
  4. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Colin,

My son found the original pic on the www and asked me if I would sculpt it for him. This was about 12months ago and I kept promising. It was only when I stumbled across the Schleich bear, that it all came together. We both model and paint and I sculpt, although my daughter is developing a talent, too!
    Im not sure if I will ever get round to doing the other figure he has asked me to do, though - A samurai on a tiger!!:nailbiting:

Steve(y)
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  5. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    It rocks...!

Cheers
  6. Don Well-Known Member

Great model Steve and even greater idea. Your son has some great ideas. Found a new intrest in bears from watching a very recent tv programme about bears in South Alaska,
    Your sculpt seems to capture their great paws and legs, like no other. well done.
    Will this be a one off or commercial post?
    Has your son seen the large female almost blond bears, think they would make an outstanding paintjob on this figure.

Don
  7. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great finish Steve and looking forward to seeing them painted.

Cheers Ken
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Turned out very well mate, glad you able to get this one done in the end, looking forward to seeing the painted version.

Steve
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks, guys.

Not something I would normally tackle, but Ive enjoyed doing it, all the same! Big thanks to Steve R for the Armature Armies bits and pieces. It speeded the process up no end, not having to worry about scaling! (thoroughly recommended, by the way!!) Although the weapons were the hardest bits to complete, the process was relatively staightforward, once Id worked out how best to approach it.
    My son is now hoping to get it painted and based for FW in July, new job permitting!

thanks again for all the comments,

Steve(y)
  10. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys,

As you know, I completed this one-off for my son earlier this year. As he has started a job and has a lot of other committments at the moment, he feels unable to complete the painting task.

He has asked me to ask you guys on PF if there is anyone who would be interested in adding to their collection.

Please PM me here if you would like to make an offer for it.

many thanks,

Steve
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys - several years ago, I sculpted this for my son - Fast forward to tonight and it has resurfaced on his workbench, after a long lay off from painting!! I have to re manufacture the balalaika, as that has gone missing, but lets hope (fingers firmly crossed!) that it may be ready for our show at the end of March......(y)
    Helm likes this.
  12. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Steve, I saw this and thought "Christian Painting?" then realised the thread is five years old.......LOL....hope to see this next month.

Keith
    valiant likes this.
  13. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Keith! Yes, he's sat here with all his stuff, painting away - we started this when he was still at school, a long time ago. Its great that he's getting back into it. He's even said about coming back to club.....!(y)
  14. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Hi Steve!

Looks very similar to Tsar Nikolaj II.

Commercial? Model Cellar? Your own Company? Anyway - I take one for shure!

[IMG]

But where is the scabbard for his Shashka...?

Cheers
    valiant likes this.
  15. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Martin - not commercial, Im afraid, just a one-off, completed sometime ago. The scabbard was left off the photo, but subsequently got lost, so I re made one last night, along with the balalaika, which also went missing in storage! My son has made great steps in painting, so Ill try to get more pics over the weekend.

Thanks for looking(y)
  16. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany

[IMG]

And perhaps ONE copy - only for me...?
    (I promise, I will write a fine sbs about it...)

Cheers
    RDG Miniatures likes this.
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Es tut mir leid, Martin, aber dieses hier muss ein einzigartiges Stuck bleiben, aber vielleicht in der Zukunft...(y) (apologies for my schoolboy German - and also the lack of an umlaut on my keyboard!)
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Dein Deutsch ist viel besser als mein Englisch!

Schade!

Aber Du hast mich auf eine Idee gebracht - vielleicht modelliere ich mir so etwas mal selbst...

Gruß
    valiant likes this.
  19. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Danke schon, Martin - viel gluck mit ihre idee - ich freue mich auf ihre bemuhungen..(y)
    Martin Rohmann likes this.
  20. RDG Miniatures Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Something a bit different Steve. Very nice mate.
    Gordon
    valiant likes this.