1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review battlegategames V-rod, 1/35th opening box and review

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by franck edet, Jun 5, 2017.

1. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Hello guys,
    I just received this kit from battlegategames : their limited edition 1/35th H-D V-Rod.

packaging was good with a metal box, not showing any markings or logo nor picture of what's supposed to be in it. there are no directions neither so : you better know your H-D. classics well.

20170605_135010.jpg

inner packaging is made of a foam sleeve with the usual zip-bag including the parts :

20170605_135029.jpg 20170605_135052.jpg

on to the inspection of the parts :

I must say that i was skeptical when ordering it as i've read many bad reviews about their products and ...
    I have to admit that those reviews were justified :

Casting is of various levels, meaning : from worst to good at best.
    The rear wheel shows big chunks of resin poured between the tire and the axle.
    Front wheel, on the other side, shows drastic lacks of resin (to a point i'm scratching my head thinking of how i will adress that)
    a lot of flash and cleanup will be needed in the space between the fork and fender. Rear seat shows good detail on the right side, while a big crack shows on the left.
    some fine parts are "casted" on 2 little sprues ... and i think that some are supposed to be the footpegs and some other the handlebar ... but those are beyond recognition.

20170605_135118.jpg 20170605_135126.jpg 20170605_135137.jpg 20170605_135153.jpg 20170605_135212.jpg 20170605_135225.jpg

scalewise, it could look ok, but the V-Rod being a quite big one, it looks on the small size side, i guess it will do the trick if you choose to put it alongside a figure based on Dragon's plastic one. it will defnitely look toylike if you use a 54mm figure.

conclusion :

Ok it was a cheap kit being sold 9.80$ (it costed me more in shipping, which took more than 6 weeks to get) but, by today's standards i must say that this is rather desapointing.

IF i find the inspiration, i will probably heavily modify it to appear in a kind of post-apocalypse vignette with a lot of stuff hiding the rear wheel. Front fork will need to be separated in order to clean it properly and then put back in place, at least it will give the opportunity to steer it.

notation :

it's a 3/10 for me, 2 out of this being for the originality.

I won't recommend it.
  2. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    At least you have a beautifull box ;)
  3. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Thanks for the honest review!
  4. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    I also got it today (after 2 month waiting). I have to say, your sample is better than my. The hardest points are the tires. I can't correct this casting line on the surface. :unsure: Not a place for advert, but my idea was put this chopper to our rider figure.
  5. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    I feel your pain !

maybe by sanding them down and let's say they are really ... really old ;)

as long as your rider is on the small side of the 1/35 scale this could be a good one ... he could look like Jax (S.O.A) if painted with blond hair :)
  6. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    I will take a picture about both together. ;)
    franck edet likes this.
  7. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    i'll be very interested in adding the same fig ;)
  8. Nap Moderator

England
    A good review here

Shame they didn't spend more time and cost on the casting rather than the box

Thanks for sharing

Nap
  9. Black Army Well-Known Member

Hungary
    Some quick picture. You can see the size, and my sample... :dead:

Cheers,
    Balázs

20170607_212328.jpg 20170607_212600.jpg 20170607_212631.jpg
  10. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    the Vrod definitely looks really low .... and you're right : yours is really looking beyond any hope :yuck:
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It looks like whoever made the mould doesn't really understand what is required to produce something relatively complex, such as this. The process is a lot more involved than just pouring rubber over a master....(y)
  12. franck edet A Fixture

Canada
    Definitely ... and it would have been easier to break the model in 3 or 4 parts in order to gain in quality ...
    valiant likes this.
  13. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    I received mine this week. I have to agree with the comments above. Some detail is excellent, but some, the rear wheel especially, needs major attention.