1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

base and groundwork

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Sep 14, 2005.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Hello Guys,

My Marcomannic is almost finished. I'll try to finish him at least this week maybe the beginning from next week.
    But i have a difficult question .

What kind of environment he is coming out at his best on the base.
    I have no idea this time what i should build on the base

So any help in a direction would apreciate.

Marc
  2. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Marc-

I have started to do the base and groundwork right after assembly. Get's this out of the way and you can remount to the base as you paint to see how things are shaping up.

I usually spend time thinking what kind of environment a figure will be in... For example, when I did the Black Prince I wanted him to be a in a churned up mud battleground. So, that was simple.

So, you can think of where is he located and what season of the year is it. Is it a field of wild grasses or a outcropping of rocks with some hardy bushes...

Keith
  3. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Marc;

I was doing a little research for my own version of the Marcomanni warrior, and learned that the Marcomanni were a "Germanic" tribe that lived around the Danube river area. So I imagine that something in a forest setting would be good. Seeing as he is sporting a heavy cloak, and yet still has short sleeves, maybe you could portray him in the autumn, or early spring. I think I'm going to try for the autumn myself, as I would like to do something with the different coloured leaves on the ground. Good luck and I look forward to seeing the finished product. Cheers

Glenn
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Keith and Glenn,

Thanks for bringing this up. I have made my choices.

marc
  5. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I can't wait to see your groundwork Marc. I'm sure that you will make the best of it.

Xenofon
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xenofon,

Thank you for the encouragin words.
    I started yesterday evening, but this weekend nothing gonna happen. I'll go to Euro.
    You have to wait a couple off days.

Marc