1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Barrister - Phoenix Phollies - 80mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by redhorse, Jun 16, 2011.

1. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Here's another early figure I did and she's painted in oils. I think she's actually the first non-25mm fantasy figure I bought years ago. It took me a while (like 15 years) before I actually started painting these bigger figures.

Attached Files:

2. meizi Active Member

China
    Lovely girl, looks gteat James!
    Congratulations. Meizi
  3. sarouman A Fixture

Greece
    Nice painting on, however try to make more contrast you'll see a different result than this!
    Cheers
    Alexandros
  4. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Thanks Meizi and Alexandros!

I barely knew about shading when I did this one, lol! Soon, I should have some new ones to post that I'm practicing what I'm learning on this site!
    sarouman likes this.
  5. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    James, another great figure and as you say at the time of painting it you barely knew about shading, begs the question would you consider stripping it and repainting or do you prefer to see how far you've progressed. Great chair btw did it come with the figure.

Cheers Ken
  6. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    It’s nice to look back over older work n see how we have improved , great painting even back then
  7. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Thanks guys. The chair did come with the kit. I've thought about stripping some earlier ones, but then I look at all my unpainted figures and always go with a new one instead!
  8. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Well done, James. Pretty face and nicely done stockings. Bring it to the NTFC meeting on 2 July!

Cheers,

Glen
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Pretty good, then, for an early figure! ;) It's always good to look at pieces you've done in the past and compare with where you are now.

What's next on your plate for pin-up figures?

Prost!
    Brad
  10. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    I've got a a few for the meeting! Don't know if I'll finish any of the current figures I'm working on in time, but right now I've got a couple Nemrod beach girls that look like they may be finished next, plus a bunch of other Phoenix, 3D girl, JJ Model, Mascot and some unknown (at least to me) stuff...