1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Baden Hussar

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 27, 2010.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    54mm flat. I just started this one today. Hopefully the Hussar will look something like the accompanying plate. The young lady will look like.... I don't know yet. :D

Roger.

Attached Files:

2. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Great start Roger!
    I will follow this one with a eagle eye.;)
  3. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger
    I'm sure these will end up looking great. I was wandering, do you paint both sides of your flats? What's best practice in the flat community? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Cheers Mat
    Cheers Mat
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Fine start, Roger! For the lady, I recommend a light pink frock with white trim and the same for the bonnet. What's better than pink on a blonde? :)

All the best,
    Dan
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Pedro- Thank you. :)

Mat- Cheers. That's a good question. Some do, some don't. One view is if the engraver has spent time engraving both sides you should do him the honour of painting them. Or it depends on how they will be displayed, no point painting both sides if one side will never be seen.
    I actually like to keep one side free from paint because I like the look of the plain engraved metal, it's also interesting to show people unfamiliar with flats the "raw material".

Dan- Thanks, Ok pink it is. Very, just to say pink, which is what I think you mean anyway :)

Roger
  6. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I thought I would get the most difficult part, the lace, out of the way first.

Roger

Attached Files:

7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice start on this not so easy work.

Marc
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Marc. I've actually had this flat quite awhile and have only just plucked up the courage to paint it. :)

Roger.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    On a roll today...

Attached Files:

10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    further progress....

Attached Files:

11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    That is fast. Almost finished.
    I believe tomorrow it is finished.

Marc
  12. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good progress Roger, thanks for the info about flats.
    Cheers Mat
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Mat, no problem if there's anything else ask away, I'll do my best to provide some sort of answer. :)

Roger.
  15. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Roger,
    You are on a roll and looks good so far. Looks like a nice place to take the wife and earn some points:cool::cool::cool:
    Cheers
    John
  16. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    I'm likin' this one a lot! Kinda charmingly domestic, homesy sorta. Let's see the 'pink lady'! :)

Have a great time at the pub!

All the best,
    Dan
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers fella's! :)
  18. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Excellent work Roger!
    Have a nice party today. ;)

cheers,
    Marcel.
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Marcel. We are just waiting for my wifes parents to arrive and then it's off to the brewery :D

Roger.
  20. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Late to the party, but wow! Great job and fast progress, Roger! Both figures are shaping up nicely.

Best to your missus, and what a great choice for her dinner, to the Black Sheep, and all who follow her, prosit!

Brad