1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Austrian 8th Jager Bn in the Swiepwald, Koniggratz.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Sep 17, 2015.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Back in August I posted this photo on the "In Memorium" thread.

svib 1.jpg

Now that a couple of my other 30mm projects are nearing completion it's time to make a start on something new.

IMG_2477.JPG IMG_2478.JPG IMG_2480.JPG

The plan is to paint both sides and mount them on a scenic base complete with groundwork.
  2. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, OK, from the "Brüderkrieg" or "Deutsch-Deutscher Krieg", as they called it, correct? Interesting subject!

Prost!
    Brad
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    It is an interesting subject Brad.

For anyone interested this is recommended reading.

518D49PckrL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    theBaron likes this.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Arrgh....got me there, I saw the thumbnail and thought it was a round you were doing.

Hi Roger,
    Interesting pieces, look forward to seeing these at some point, don't know diddley about these and will be interested to see these develop mate.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
    Helm likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Aah you see, you need to pay close attention to what I'm up to. :playful:
    Richie likes this.
  6. swralph A Fixture

Will be watching,but I now think I need a magnifying glass:)
    billyturnip likes this.
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You won't need a magnifying glass to see if he paints both sides..........sorry Rog, Dennis made me do it:D.
    ChaosCossack and billyturnip like this.
  8. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I see Facebook is getting a dislike button, time we had one round here I think. :playful:
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    :LOL: I agree!!

This project should be great fun to observe!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger that would make a very interesting figure, (y) I think we might just have a future release, love the stance and it fits in with what we are trying to do.
    cheers Rodger

ian

wwww.elliesminiatures.com
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Glad to have you as an observer Dan. :)
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Glad this has inspired you Ian. Here's some more related pics. I can't remember where I got the reenactor photo's from but I'll have a look so correct credit can be given.

Attached Files:

ChaosCossack and LVM like this.
  13. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    billyturnip likes this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  15. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers roger, I have the osprey book with the uniform in and a couple of other books with some reference. looking like it will be on the to do list for next year.

but will have to get a couple of Prussians out for the Franco Prussian war to balance things out I think.

Cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Sounds good to me Ian. I received some Sardinian Infantry and Bersaglieri from the same period earlier this week so I'll see if I can inspire you further.
  17. ACCOUNT_DELETED A Fixture

Canada
    Looks an interesting subject. I am not a fan if the pose but I expect the sculptor knew more about anatomy than me. Seems very unnatural from a balance and natural relaxation perspective. Maybe its OK if he is leaning forward...but one would need a side photo to ascertain that.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I'm not sure who sculpted the memorial Colin, further investigations required I think.
    crf likes this.
  19. IronMike A Fixture

I need to get that book. My great grandfather Freiderich Stelzel earned the Iron Cross in that war. Iron Cross .jpg
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    IronMike likes this.