1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

At last a new update from the Marcomanni

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by megroot, Aug 1, 2005.

1. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    hello Guys,

Finally the vacation is over, and i was strugling the last three days with the face.
    Normally i paint the faces with acrylic's but after four atemps without any satisfaction result i did it at last in oil.
    In the picture's i see that the left eye must redone and i had to do more highlighting. In real it seems better than on the picture's
    So please tell me where i go wrong and what to improve.

Marc.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Hello Marc, I like your oil results, We will see the rest...

Alex.
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Other than the left eye Marc, the flesh turned out well. It will change some as you paint the areas adjoining the flesh. I look forward to this developing as I plan to order one next week.
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Marc, your flesh colors look good, stick with the oils.

Keep up the good work

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  5. ghamilt1 A Fixture

Canada
    That looks great Marc. I will watch for more progress posts, as I am ordering this figure myself.
  6. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hello Marc,

I echo what the others said. I like this figure.

I´m looking forward to your next steps.

Sunny regards,
    Markus
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Guy,

Between redone the left eye and highlighting the face i find that you are to good for me. In the picture the flesh look blurry but in real it is smooth.
    Now i have redone the eye he is looking better. Thanks for the encouragement, i really apreciate it.
    You can order him, you want be disapointed.
    Marc
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Alex,

Thank you for your peptalk. it keeps me going.

Marc.
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Rocco my friend,

Yes when i see all those good comments i think i must do the faces also in oils. All i have to do is keep up patience. In acryl i could finish a face in one whole evening.
    I am now doing it in six hours. But don't worry, it is worth it.

Marc.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Glenn,

Thanks for your kind words.
    As i said to Guy, you can order him, it is worth the good money, you wouldnt be disapointed.
    '
    Marc
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Markus,

Thank you. Next steps will follow soon.

Thanks for looking at it.

Marc
  12. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hey Marc...you've chosen a beautiful figure...I know you are always trying to improve your technique and you are getting better with each figure.....I think your flesh colours are very good and you have complimented the shape of the face very well with your highlighting...once you do your corrections on the eyes and get the hair and beard painted...I bet he will look even better and begin to come to life.

Good luck with your next step. (y)

All the best.

Roy.
  13. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Roy,

Your absolutly right. I have done the hair and beard, and redone the eyes. Did some higher highlights on the head, nose, and cheekbones.
    Fiddle around with some colours and i must say the face looks better now that it is blocked in with the bear and hair.
    I must say i am satisfied at least i think for now.

Marc.
  14. Bert Takken New Member

Netherlands
    Marc
    Most is say but something in dutch..

een beetje Doe ut zelfert ken niet zonder olieverf

BertUS
  15. MattS Active Member

United-States
    Marc,

What made you decide to give up on the acrylics?

Oils look good. Maybe more dark darks and light lights? This would help the features pop a little more.

Nice figure

Matt
  16. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello my friend Marc, I will echo what others said. Pity the pictures can't show the reality, but i will agree that with the lights and the hair etc painted it will look much much better.
    I believe that oils for the flesh tones at least can give the same results as the acrylics, and if you use a bulb box, or crockpot to dry the oils faster, it can be fast too.
  17. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Xenofon,

Thanks for dropping by. Yes, i am gonna be do my figure's only in oil from now on. But the underlayer be acryl. And yes the 100W bulb does a lot off work.
    Thanks for the positive look at my figure.

Marc
  18. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nee Bert,

Een echte kan inderdaad niet zonder olie. Maar ik deed alleen mijn gezichten maar in acryl. Vanaf nu alleen maar olie.
    Bedankt voor het kijken en je commentaar.

Marc.
  19. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Thanks Matt,

I give up acrylic because i couldn't get the blending well done. Every time i had some stripe's and not smooth transitions between the highlights and base and shadows and base.
    But in faces it going allright unleas till last friday....
    Now i must admitt that the oilcolor for the faces is not bad at all.

Last evening i worked the highs and dark's more out, redone the eyes, did the beard and hair, and he turned out fine.

Pictures will follow soon.

Marc