1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Artjom laughs...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Martin Antonenko, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Nap Moderator

England

If anyone can do it ..it's you Martin

Nap
    Oda and Martin Rohmann like this.
  2. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Thx, Kev!

Cheers
    Nap and Oda like this.
  3. Oda A Fixture

Trully beautiful work!!!!Your research is remarkable and your posts among the most entetaining and pleasing on PF.You should definitely think of taking up writing.

Oda.
    Nap likes this.
  4. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I will, Oda!

--------------------------------------

43. Day, May 4, 2018

Today I made myself over the vertical elements of the sash ...:

[IMG]

I have taken these colors - and the "gilding" again have been made extremely economical ...:

[IMG]

This is again quite a fumble, if you want to get it reasonably reasonable!

When I finished about half and realized that my concentration was going down, I quit tfor oday. In the "old times" I would have continued to get it done - and messed it up sooner or later ...

Anyway:

This is how it looks now ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And here again a photo on which you can see the very restrained gilding reasonably well. It is important to me only that the effect of the gold-weaved fabric becomes clear ...:
    [IMG]
    Have a nice Weekend!
    Cheers
    Nap, Huw63, Oda and 2 others like this.
  5. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    That is what I call detail.
    Osebor, Oda and Martin Rohmann like this.
  6. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    Saturday, May 5, 2018

Today I left the paintbrushes on the left side and celebrated the beginning of the classic car season with the mates in good weather.

There was a lot to see that I do not want to withhold from you!

Let's start with the star of the meeting - a 1937 Maibach convertible with a twelve-cylinder engine and hand-crafted special body - worth even its weight in gold among brothers! One - almost! - nine meter car for only two people ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

And if you think, you can not beat that anymore - the owner, a veterinarian from the Bremen area, has five more "Maybachs" with different bodies.

If you are in front of the collection, it's like being in a cathedral ...

Here the oldest one, a "Lloyd" from Bremen from 1908, unfortunately not ready to drive ...:

[IMG]

Very rare, too, this French Talbot racing car with huge drum brakes, which actually did the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the famous "Mille Miglia" in Italy ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

This one looks old, but is a museum replica: Benz Motorwagen ...:

[IMG]

The meeting took place at "Oldtimerzentrum Schuppen I" ...

[IMG]
    ...... a converted former port warehouse, in which classic car special workshop joins classic car workshop - only interrupted by noble food stalls ...:

[IMG]

Actually, not my world - I feel much better in oily screwdriver booths ...!

And now, whatever else there was to see ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

**continued next post**
    Oda and Landrotten Highlander like this.
  7. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

The girls offered good honest (own!) Rock - much better than the Elvis impersonator last year!

[IMG]

And here certainly not the most expensive, certainly not the most interesting, but at least one of the oldest and - above all! - the most beautiful vintage car:

Mine!! The first exit with the new roof (finally sweat no more !!!) ...:

[IMG]

And so no one thinks I've messed up a historic vehicle now: Such folding roofs were avaiable already as an optional accessory, as my car was built at the time ...:

[IMG]

I had a perfect day! Hopy you enjoyed the pics!

Cheers
  8. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Nice car, now get back to work lol
    Nap likes this.
  9. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    The next rainy days will come for shure...
  10. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for posting all those beautiful machines Martin(y)!

Joe
    Martin Rohmann likes this.
  11. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    44. Day, May 7, 2018

Ready with the sash!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And quite frankly:
    I like it even more than the chosen original ...:

[IMG]

Cheers
    Nap, Landrotten Highlander and Osebor like this.
  12. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Well... nice collection of ol ladies... (yours is a favourite of mine, I love Citroën).
    As for the sash... Speechless!
  13. Huw63 A Fixture

Nice pics Martin - almost as good as the paintwork on that bust!

Cheers

Huw
  14. Nap Moderator

England

Second that ...nice one Martin ...the completed sash is excellent , that together with the rest of the clothing really shows an amazing skill in patterning ....

Our Cossack is looking good

Rather nice cars and bikes as well

Nap
  15. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    45. Day, May 8, 2018

The last detail on our Cossack, which is still waiting for the painting, is his coat!

Let's take first a close look:

[IMG]

The coat is quite long, rosy pink, has golden tassels on the hems, the fabric has no pattern - and on the collar fur trim can be seen!

In addition, three golden tassels stand out, which seem to hang at the end of tresses, with which the coat is closed.

All this would be enough for a painting - but I'll continue as before and try to find out what a coat that is!

So, again, it's about scouring the surrounding lands, which kept the Zaporozhian Cossacks in constant feud with each other (and often with major clashes).

First, the Ottoman Empire - "Artjom" also carries a kaftan from there.

But:

The coats of the high-ranking Ottomans looked completely different at that time ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

In particular, they had no buttons and / or tresses on the front, but they were closed at the waist with sashes or belts.

Ottoman soldier coats are also eliminated - completely different cuts!

[IMG]

[IMG]

So let's look over at the "Rus", the newly emerging Russian Empire!

But there too: no indication!

The coats of the local upper class - the boyars - were made of brocade fabric, again had a completely different cut, usually wide fur trim in the shoulder area - and if they had tresses with stretched from the upper chest down to the waist ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Soldiers' coats, for example the Strelzy also looked different than our example ...:

[IMG]

Finally, the look goes over to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth - and I finally found it!

There was a certain coat that met the conditions and was worn by the local upper class!

This coat was called "Kontusz"!

[IMG]

Note: If you are looking for an item on the Internet, try to get it out, as it is called in the national language. Then first search the object itself!

At least that's what happened to me! When I searched with the name of the coat, I found a lot of role models!

[IMG]

[IMG]

The "Kontusz" had three or four upper chest tresses, which were decorated with tassels, had often fur trim on the collar, was usually monochrome - and quite long!

Such a coat is worn by Artyom!

And the "cherry on the cake" was then the next picture - it is contemporary and dates from the mid-17th century!

It shows exactly the coat our Cossack wears!

[IMG]

I'm pretty sure that Ilya Repin knew this picture - and maybe this original was the template for the uncommonly color!

Clear is the speculation - but not completely ruled out!

I will paint the Kontusz with oil paints, because the heavy material should get nice soft transitions between light and shadow.

But not today, because we have 27 degrees again - and I would like to experience it in the garden ...!

Cheers
    Oda, Nap, Osebor and 1 other person like this.
  16. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Can't wait the next chapter... You have us on tenterhooks!
    Martin Rohmann and Nap like this.
  17. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Martin

Brilliant information again ...looking forward to seeing more on the coat particularly the blending of the colours .

I am on holiday in Cornwall with Mrs Nap ...really very hot here as well ..hope you enjoyed the garden time

Nap
    Oda likes this.
  18. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    I did - and I will again today (29 Degrees yet)!

Enjoy your stay in Cornwall - and my compliments to Mrs. Nap!

Cheers

[IMG]
    Oda and Nap like this.
  19. Martin Antonenko A Fixture

Germany
    46. Day, May 10, 2018

While my rhododendrons are in full bloom outside ...

[IMG]

... and everyone waits for the big announced thunderstorm, I started with the pink of "Artjom's" coat!

After some trial and error, I chose these colors ...:

[IMG]

The basic color consists of about five parts "Carmine Red", one part "Krapplack deep" and three parts "Skin Color".

The "Krapplack" pushes the pink a bit more to red, but at the same time it is only a small part of the mixture, which prevents him from shining unpleasantly at the end, something that this color unfortunately tilts.

For the first light I increase the proportion of the "Skin Color", for the high lights I add a little bit of "Titanium White" to the mixture.

But really very little, because lightening with white always carries the danger that it will end up looking "chalky".

For the shadows, I add to the basic mixture "Burnt Umbra".
    When painting, I was very careful to paint the wrinkles as soft as possible, because it is the Coat is from heavy substance.

Today I just painted the collar of the coat - and then paused, I want to hear first what you think of it.

I think I hit the color pretty well.
    In addition, I am pleased: The pink merges the other colors into a "whole". You can already see that the caftan will not look "too colorful" at the end, but will fit in well with the overall picture ...:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

So: How do you see that? Opinions expressly desired!

Cheers
  20. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Artjom is looking quite the dandy with those fancy threads:D(y)!

Joe
    Nap, Oda and Martin Rohmann like this.