1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Army of Tennessee 1864

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 3, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Now I've got the attention of Civil War fans here's what I'm working on at the moment.
    A Soldiers 54mm Confederate Infantryman which will depict a soldier of the Army of Tennessee. He will be posed stood behind a red clay and log breastwork, Georgia 1864. Anyone familiar with the area around Kennesaw Mountain tell me if I've got the colour of the terrain right!!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. eissteban Active Member

France
    Ho no Roger don't do that ! You did a Marine in Khe Sahn :D :D :D

Seriously, your project become well, waiting to see the next

Seb.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :eek: 1864 not 1968

Cheers Seb, just found my dictionaire to reply to your email.

Roger
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Roger
    I like the starting of the base. But i looked around the www for Kennesaw Mountain but never saw a tenniscourt :D on the hill.
    With other words, i think the color is to reddish.

Marc
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Marc, I did think it may need toning down a bit myself. Maybe kennesaw mountain wasn't quite as red as a tennis court:D I'll try and get it to look a bit more like this picture showing the red clay of north Georgia

Attached Files:

6. ckleisch New Member

Just a thought the Civil War Artist Don Troiani has a print out called "Thunder at Little Kenesaw" It shows a redoubt and scene that may help you in your endeavor.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Brilliant William!! I found "Thunder at Little Kennesaw" and another useful one "PAT CLEBURNE'S MEN." Soldiers of the 33rd Alabama Regiment in the Atlanta Campaign of 1864 at http://www.historicalimagebank.com/
    Thanks very much.

Roger
  8. Johnny Dioramix Winter New Member

Germany
    That looks hardcore well! :)

Where is his rifle?
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Johnny. I haven't done any work on the musket yet but it will be leaning against the breastwork like in the first photo.

Roger
  10. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Nice start,looking forward to see the finished result!
    christos
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Christos, I look forward to showing you it finished :).

Roger
  12. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I've got that figure also lying around.
    Great Idea !
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Patrick, why don't you do something similar? I won't be offended if you steal my idea:) i'd be quite flattered really.

Roger
  14. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I've just started with two acw figures of DESkit. So you will see something similar but with different figures.
    I don't have to steal your idea to flatter you. You doing very fine, roger.
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I look forward to that. I've looked at DesKit figures in online shops but having never actually seen one I aren't too sure about them, what do you think of them?
  16. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Last year a clubmember painted several of them and I found them awesome (he's a great painter our Dany Pollaert). The packing could disappoint you but they are very fine figurines. I bought a couple at Euro for 10 euro's apiece. There 're limited moulding 'leftovers' to attend to but no bubbles and holes. I find it a very good quality for that price.
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers mate, I'm tempted to give them a try. There's some nice poses for a little vignette.

Roger
  18. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Roger. Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

Jay H.
    OKC
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Jay, I'm busy working on it right now!!

Roger
  20. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Roger - outstanding! That clay looks like Georgia to me! Used to live near Macon! The reb looks excellent also!

All the best,
    Dan