1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Antonio Zapatero creation for La Meridiana in 75mm: An Eagle Dancer

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Blue Thunder, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Blue Thunder A Fixture

Portugal
    Absolutely speechless! In my personal opinion, the best Zapatero creation to present date. He is getting a heck of a recognizable style in 75mm but this one raises his bar a bit higher.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Jaw dropping miniature to be released by La Meridiana soon! And it's the first of a series of Indian dancers :)
    GARRY, rado2828, kinggeorges and 27 others like this.
  2. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Wow. Many feathers but great. ;) Super :D
  3. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    I know a very good friend of mine that would have been awe struck with this fella.Sadly he's no longer with us .
    Brian
    DEL likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks good, but my anatomy knowledge said there is something not good with the left arm of the figure.
    It seems that the muscles aren't well sculpted, otherwise the armpit is turned to much to the front when fixing the arm to the torso.
    The triceps isn't not sculpt, and the biceps isn't not there if you compare it with the right arm.
    When you lift your arm that way the Musculus Deltoideus (doesn't know any other name) is more puf out then it is shown here.
    The Musculus Pectoralis Major is sculped way to much over the armpit.

I cannot sculpt, but this are my observations on this figure.

Marc
    Osvald and Gaudin like this.
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Lovely figure, but I have to agree with Marc about the anatomy. I think the mistake can be corrected without ruining the piece and screwing up all the feather placement.

Marc - Could you post a few anatomy pictures to illustrate this error?

Such things are really frustrating when you get as far along as Mr. Zapatero is with this piece.

Personally, I had a Turkish lancer body almost completed when I realized I'd made the torso too thick. Now I'm going to have to remove most of the torso and start again. Or - alternatively throw it up against the nearest wall. :)

All the best,
    Dan
    Osvald and tomifune like this.
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    WOW that is some piece of work.

IaN
  7. Mike S. Well-Known Member

United-States
    Stunning figure. The posing is spot on perfect.
  8. Osvald Active Member

Latvia
    Errors can be corrected. Excellent sculpture, good job. Many possibilities for creativity.
    brian likes this.
  9. Sergey Savenkov A Fixture

Italy
  10. ATTİLA the HUN Well-Known Member

Turkey
    Perfect Subject, İdea and presentation.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Forever İNDİAN...
    brian likes this.
  11. pgarri27 Well-Known Member

United-States
    What a shame. Sorry for the loss. This is indeed a great figure, and I am excited to hear that it is the first in a series.
    brian likes this.
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    As Dan asked

likness22i.jpg musculus_pectoralis_major_atlas_with_watermark_PbXJV58W4ZiYBqrYZKlYGA.png

In the left picture you see that the anatomy of the briceps and biceps is more pronounced then the sculpt let see. In the sculpt it is more a circulair arm without muscles.
    The right picture shows the whole Pectoralis Major. If the arm is lift the part that is insert into the humerus (upperarm bone) is gonna be strenghed and is gone away from the armpit.
    pec_major_revision_preop_01a.jpg as you see in this picture. It is not covering the armpit.

pectoralis-major-press-move.jpg this fellow is holding the part of the pectoralis major when lifting the arm.....again it is not covering the armpit.

picture-15.png

This is how it must be. Forget the range of motions etc, look at the muscles.

Marc
    Dan Morton and pgarri27 like this.