1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Another question for vallejo users

Discussion in 'Acrylics' started by samson, Nov 24, 2015.

1. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    While cleaning I found my books called recipes for acrylics and oils. Has anyone used these boos with av paint ?
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there ,

If you mean these , I find them very useful for mixes and should IMO be in all figure painters library ...mine are in constant use

Nap

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  3. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Yes those are the ones what paints do you use with these.? Brands and colors would be great info if you don't mind.
  4. Nap Moderator

England

Hi ,

I use a variation of brands Including Reaper , Vallejo, Jo Sonja and Cobra water soluable oils

As for colours , those mentioned in the books or closest to what I have on my bench

..all about trying mixes out as well

Nap
  5. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Have you tried the pre-mixed Vallejo washes?

All the best,
    Dan

Attached Files:

napoleonpeart likes this.
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Any advantage to using premixed washes over mixing yourself ?................Wayne
  7. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Thanks nap just the info I was looking for
  8. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
    No Dan have not tried these yet . But plan to heard these are great
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Just beginning to have a concept or two about painting, so I don't know how to think about the Vallejo washes. I got a couple of them to try out, but can't report results yet.

All the best,
    Dan
  10. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

I don't use books for my mixes. Just for try-mistake and my rudimentary knowledge of colour theory.
    About the washes that show Dan, well, are washes. Pigment with more thinner. So it's unnecesary prepair a wash cause it comes bottled. People who make models use the a lot to modify the tone of the vehicle, blur the cammo. Can be mixed with acrilic colours, pigments, sand, to obtain differents textures and effects