1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Another German...

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by dancap3286, Oct 6, 2015.

1. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    This is a Young Miniatures 1/10th scale bust of a German panzer officer in Palmenmuster. Not an easy pattern to paint. He's done in all Vallejo acrylics.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Joe55, crf, stoffy01 and 5 others like this.
  2. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Dan,

Your painting is top notch like always, no matter wath camo pattern you choose? But man, does this guy has an ugly face or what, Especially the position of the eyes looks very strange to me.

Cheers,

Gino
  3. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States

Yea he's pretty ugly. It's like his eyes are almost at the side of his head. It is interesting that the boxart is painted with the facial scar but there is no scar on the casting. It is smooth flesh. My client wanted the scar replicated like on the boxart. Honestly I don't like it but as an artist, part of me feels the client should get what is requested but on another note I'm being paid to create because of how I create so in the future I'm gonna be a little more choosey about what I will do and what I will not. Do you get what I'm trying to say G? I hope I've explained it properly. Maybe you feel the same?
  4. smudger1960 PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Lovely brushwork dan,the camo is brilliantly done as always,hour client should be pleased with this one
  5. gforceman Well-Known Member

Belgium
    Hi Dan,

I would not have painted a scar either. About painting how a client want it or not might also have to do with how bad one needs the money. In the past I have painted some things in a way i wouldn't do for myself, but that was because i needed the money, nowadays I would not do this too often as I think it might rapidly make one loose the fun in painting. Now a days I don't work on commission anymore, but if someone likes what I have painted i willing to sell (most of the time). There are some figures I did that i will never sell because I'm emotionally attached to it; Although, my next historical figure is a commission job, but it's for a very, very good friend, so that's an exception.

Do you have another of your spectacular dio's in the pipelines?

Take care and hope to see more of your painting soon,

Gino
  6. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States

yea I agree G. Not really a case of needing the money but I don't like to disappoint somebody who wants a piece from me. I kinda feel obligated. As a matter of fact, yes on the diorama. I am working on a USMC Peleliu landing diorama. 2 LVT's and around 40-50 figures is what is planned right now. Good to speak with you bud!
  7. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent flesh tones and the camo is pretty good also.
    Cheers
    John
  8. storm_zh Well-Known Member

China
    Excellent work, the camo is really good!
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    beautifull work.

Marc
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Excellent work on the cammo jacket.
    Regards
  11. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
  12. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    Irrespective of the caricature looking face, your brushwork is as Gino wrote above, 'Top Notch'!

Joe
  13. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
  14. dancap3286 A Fixture

United-States
    thanks again guys.
    Stephan likes this.