1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Another 54mm SEIL Viking..........

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jeff T, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Hi everyone,

It has been a long time since I have posted anything new on PF.I started this figure in May of last year, but I shelved it for a very long time due to a lapse of interest and an Aircraft model that took me nearly a year to complete.

Earlier this year I regained interest in the subject and dragged him back out to finish him off, plus hearing of SEIL's demise, I really wanted to complete it.

I usually model Modern Military Figures and this was my first foray into something very different.It is nowhere near the standard of most of the Figures posted here on PF, but it was a fantastic project to do, and I look forward to doing more types of figures like this.

I completed it around May this year, but have only just got around to taking a couple of pics the other day to post.

I would like to thank all the guys that gave me advice on doing this figure, and just like to add that the work I see that gets posted here on a regular basis on PF is just outstanding!!!.........truly works of art!

I've realised that I haven't taken any angles of the face or eyes, so here are two pics re-posted from the start of the build.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Complete.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Thanks for looking,
    Cheers,
    Jeff.
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    excellent painting, jeff
  3. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent painting Jeff. One of my favorite figures from Seil.
  4. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Jeff, I like it !
  5. Cvikings67 Member

United-States
    Looking good. Chris
  6. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jeff,
    Great work and love the colour of the skin cape.
    Cheers
    John
  7. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    Good work Jeff !!
    I like a lot the wolf skin and the shield.
    Cheers Stefano
  8. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great paint piece! Maybe it took some time but it was worth to wait for.
  9. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia

Vergilius, Guy, Theodoros, Chris, John, Stefano and Marcel, thank you very much for the comments guy's, they are very much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Jeff.
  10. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    nice work jeff!
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Good work Jeff,
    I did this one myself, but find yours alot better.

marc
  12. Mark S Guest

Beautifully painted, Jeff.
    I reckon you should do more like it.
    Well done mate.
  13. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia

Dimitri, Marc and Stiff, thanks a lot for your comments fellas, they really do mean a lot!

Cheers guys,
    Jeff.
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Jeff,

It may have taken you a long time to finish but it was clearly time well spent. The final results looks fantastic and you should be very pleased with your efforts. Well done.
  15. dannyk01 New Member

Australia
    Wow, thats a nice looking figure :) I wonder if they still sell it because when i bought my 1st seil (about 2 years ago at WASMEx (Western Australia Scale Modellers Expo) I was having a hard time picking between this and the Thespian Hoplite. If i'm lucky i might manage to pick one up since Seil has discontinued.

Daniel
  16. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia

Tony and Daniel, cheers fellas, your comments are very much appreciated!

Jeff.