1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Angus Scott

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Jazz, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Hi fellow Planeteers,

Please allow me to present my latest figurine, the famous Elite Miniatures Highlander veteran. The original piece sculpted and painted by Raul Garcia Latorre deservedly won the coveted Best of show award at the 1997 Euro Militaire.

I have had the figure for several years now and it has been painted a few times already. I tend to keep painting pieces until I am happy with them. I believe that I am now happy with this one. It has been painted with Acrylics, enamels and oils. He has been named after an imaginary ancestor of mine. Despite having the Scott surname and spending 14 years tracing my family tree I have not yet come across a Scottish ancestor.

I hope you like my model. Comments are welcome as always.

John Scott.

Attached Files:

Blind Pew, jerry, John Bowery and 4 others like this.
  2. Helm A Fixture

England
    Very nice John (y)
    Steve
  3. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Lovely job on this John it's a cracking figure and I like the way you've used a simple check on the filleadh mhor rather than a 'hollywood' tartan .
    As you'll be well aware the Scotts were Borderers so you might well find that your lot like mine stradled the border.
    So you could well find that your roots are firmly planted in England.
    Cheers
    Derek
  4. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Wow, that confuses the vote:LOL:
    crf, Helm and DEL like this.
  5. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Thank you my friends. I think that I shall do some more work on the kilt. It looks ok but the photos show every imperfection. I may introduce some more pattern to the tartan.
  6. swralph A Fixture

Very nice painting(y)
  7. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    great paintwork.

Marc