1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Andrea Comrades In Arms

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex Long, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Here's my latest finished piece, picked this up at this years Euro as I fancied doing a Napoleonic figure for a change, and thoroughly enjoyed doing it. All painted in Jo Sonjas acrylics.

_DSC3382.JPG _DSC3383.JPG _DSC3384.JPG _DSC3385.JPG _DSC3386.JPG _DSC3387.JPG _DSC3388.JPG _DSC3389.JPG _DSC3390.JPG _DSC3390a.jpg _DSC3391.JPG

All comments welcome, thanks for looking.

Alex.
  2. Aveleira A Fixture

Portugal
    Extremelly well painted Alex!!! Like it very much. The ice on the bushes is a nice detail.
    Can't nothing that anything is wrong or not well done. Looks perfect to me, Congrats

Regards
    Pedro
    Hideyoshi likes this.
  3. bagelman1952 Well-Known Member

England
    Very nicely done indeed
    Hideyoshi likes this.
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work.

Marc
    Hideyoshi likes this.
  5. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Very nice indeed, paintwork is outstanding. Great setting as well, suits the scene perfectly
    Ben
    Hideyoshi likes this.
  6. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Pedro, Ken, Marc and Ben, thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

Alex.
  7. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Wondered what you had been up to brother ?! I'm liking this ! Looking suitably cold in the flesh tones and good choice for the palette of colours .... What snow product are you getting down with ? ; )

Carlos
    Hideyoshi likes this.
  8. tiberius57 A Fixture

Canada
    Always liked this vignette and you did an awesome job painting it.
    Very nice work! Congrats! (y)
    Cheers,
    Zeno
    Hideyoshi likes this.
  9. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Cheers Carlos, it is eastern front Russia in the snow, maybe 130 years too early for you though! The snow is a real mix of stuff, it was initally putty painted GW Space wolf grey (which is actually pale blue) although the subtle hint of remaining colour has been washed out by my crappy camera/lighting skills. Over the primed putty I have built up layers of MIG acrylic resin with bicarbonate of soda inbetween, then some deeper layers of bicarb fixed with vallejo matt varnish. The snow on the branches is Jo Sonjas white texture paste with a touch of bicard sprinkled on top. The snow on the uniform is Micro balloons attached again with matt varnish, I find the balloons much finer than the bicarb and they don'y lay too heavy on the figure when tapped on from a soft brush.

Alex.
  10. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Thanks Zeno.

Alex.
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Alex, very nicely done. This work deserve a better pics.

Pedro.
  12. Alex Long A Fixture

England
    Thanks Pedro, You're right the pics could be a lot better, one day I'll get to grips with my photograghy.............eventually. I do find it a bit frustrating, I'll have to invest in a more professional lighting setup and learn a bit more about it as well.

Alex.
  13. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Alex,

I've always loved this figure and you've done a great job painting it. Perhaps the pics would look better with a darker background colour. The one you've chosen is too close to the colour of the uniforms so they tend to blend into the background.
  14. Sturm Grenadier Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hello Alex, Excellent painting and great color choices. Your technique on the faces has really portrayed there cold appearance very convincingly. The snow and ice on tree look very realistic also. Extremely well done Alex. Regards, SG(y)
  15. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
  16. Mark S Guest

Beautifully painted and brilliantly presented, well done!
  17. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Blooming awesome! I love a lot of stuff I see on this site but as soon as I opened the first thumb nail my mouth fell open.

I would be more than happy to be able to paint like this.

Karl
  18. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  19. sam b Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Love this ..... great work