1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Anarchy in the UK

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by david pickford, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Huw63 A Fixture

You aren't alone on this one!
  2. david pickford Active Member

Ralph, Chris, Hew, thanks fellas. I got some more done...

IMG_3979.JPG

IMG_3979.JPG IMG_3973.jpg IMG_3972.JPG IMG_3955.JPG IMG_3975.JPG
  3. Huw63 A Fixture

This is bringing back some memories, Love it.

Cheers

Huw
  4. david pickford Active Member

Thanks Huw- so far this is 100% scratch built, but its not really about that as I can see there are far better sculptors/scratchers than me on PF- its about realising your ideas, and cutting loose from the main stream...
  5. Huw63 A Fixture

Totally agree with your thoughts about realising your ideas. I can't sculpt for tuppence so don't knock your talent David - I couldn't get this result in a month of Sundays!

Cheers

Huw
  6. david pickford Active Member

Thanks Huw- I am going to put this in for Euro this year- not least because its the model that was banned by Military Modelling, and they sponsor that event. Complete creative freedom is important for me- and I'm going to stand up for that!
    napoleonpeart, ChaosCossack and Huw63 like this.
  7. Huw63 A Fixture

They banned it? Why?

Cheers

Huw
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    This looks absolutely awesome David... I love it... Brilliant idea!!!! You've inspired me to do a full on-stage scene... I'll figure out who when the time comes.

Be proud of this and F$&k anyone who would bash it :sour:

Colin
    Huw63 likes this.
  9. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Wow mate. It's brilliant
  10. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb!

Mike
  11. swralph A Fixture

Does not matter about people being better sculptors/scratchers.To me it's about what YOU have done and this work is fantastic.
    How about Sham 69 next."There's gonna be a Borstal Breakout"

All the best.
    Ralph.
    ChaosCossack and Huw63 like this.
  12. david pickford Active Member

Ah Gents, you're kind. I've posted this here and Facebook, and the one thing is - everyone says what band they would like to see in model form! I've been threatening to do One Direction next- my daughters' favourite ! Anyway I've been doing some more - I reworked all the cymbal stands and I've been painting the drum kit apart from that...
    IMG_3980.jpg IMG_3981.JPG IMG_3983.JPG IMG_3985.JPG IMG_3987.JPG
  13. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Hi David.
    Following with interest love the theme "Brits" and this is a fantastic follow on to your tourist.
    My 35 year old son said to me I want the "Never mind the B-----k's album.

Wonder if in forty years time somebody will be asking for "five fingered death punch"

This is what we Brits are good at,tounge in cheek humour at our self s

Looking forward to the next instalment.
    Peter.
  14. david pickford Active Member

Hiya Pete- you put your finger on it there. We can laugh at ourselves, well some anyway- I'm quite interested in that 'yob' Brit mentality that says 'we're English and we're best' - why are we best? We're not- you only have to look around at the cricket team, the soccer team- etc. etc. We're actually pretty poor.
    But never mind- we are cool just the same- that's just the way it is; cool is one of those things you're born with....
    I've done 3 projects this year all linked by the 'Britannia' theme. Not necessarily Britannia in its heroic aspects - Seb Coe, who has drugs rumours hovering over his head and became a failed Tory Politician, the Chelsea football hooligan on holiday in Europe ( unfortunately topical) and the Pistols- the ugly face of British culture...
  15. Bootneck Well-Known Member

David.

You are correct regarding our sports teams - but our music well that's another thing -- and still going strong!!
    In this aspect "Rule Britannia"
  16. david pickford Active Member

Finished! God Save the Queen...
    IMG_3993.JPG IMG_3997.JPG IMG_4000.jpg IMG_4001.jpg IMG_4003.jpg
  17. Bootneck Well-Known Member

Fantastic David.

Really looking forward to the next episode.

Peter.
  18. swralph A Fixture

Absolutely brilliant finish.
    Ralph.
  19. david pickford Active Member

Thanks for the kind words fellas, I've already made a start on my next instalment. I'll be posting it soon. It's the 1960s British fashion model- Twiggy
    Bootneck likes this.
  20. david pickford Active Member

Last round of shots then...
    IMG_4004.JPG IMG_4004.JPG IMG_4005.JPG IMG_4006.JPG IMG_4008.jpg IMG_4009.jpg IMG_4009.jpg IMG_4010.JPG IMG_4011.JPG IMG_4013.JPG IMG_4014.JPG IMG_4015.JPG IMG_4016.JPG IMG_4017.JPG IMG_4018.JPG

Attached Files:

Bootneck, ChaosCossack and Huw63 like this.