1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Anarchy in the UK

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by david pickford, Feb 7, 2015.

1. david pickford Active Member

Good evening gents.
    I want to do a model of the Sex Pistols, and I started on a sculpt of Johnny Rotten today. Here's where I got up to...
    IMG_3826.jpg IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3828.jpg
    smudger1960, Edorta, marco55 and 19 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Love it David ..one of my boyhood heroes ...

Looks forward to more

Nap
    Wings5797 likes this.
  3. Chris Mortimer Active Member

New_Zealand
    Wow very cool! I've always wanted to do Joey and Johnny Ramone
    colonnello kurz likes this.
  4. david pickford Active Member

Nap - cheers! I reckon a lot of us modelling generation remember the pistols!
    Chris- well I'm getting more into sculpting and so rather than copying bill Horan and doing more Napoleonic figures why not cut loose and model whatever takes you're fancy?
  5. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    The Sex Pistols were never my thing, but this is nice sculpting and certainly fits with how I remember Jonny Rotten.
    Best wishes, Gary.
  6. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    PS, God save the Queen
    Wings5797 and napoleonpeart like this.
  7. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Love the dynamics of the pose.
    This should be an interesting grouping.

Andrew
  8. ChaosCossack A Fixture

Canada
    Nevrmind the Bullocks... Just sculpt the Sex Pistols!!!

Look forward to this project

Colin
    garyhiggins likes this.
  9. david pickford Active Member

Gary , I admit I wasn't a fan at the time but things look different with hindsight...
    arj - I hope so!
    Colin- ha ha - you're right . I should learn to keep it zipped, or safety pinned in this case!
    garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Guys,

..cue music..."we're so pretty all so pretty ...pretty vacant "

Love it .......did I have a safety pin ......those that know me .......

God Save the Queen

Nap
  11. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    And don't forget the old 'Sea Shanty', ... something about playing around in the 'Rigging'. :whistle:

Mark
  12. swralph A Fixture

Nice sculpting.what scale?
    Ralph.
  13. david pickford Active Member

Ralph, I have no idea, same as the Holidaymaker basically, somewhere between 1/35 and 1/24th.
    To do Sid I am going to have to venture into the world of scratch building. I've done a Fender Bass Guitar. I basically got a pic off the internet on my iPad. traced over the screen with baking paper, measured it up and scaled down the drawing onto plasticard and cut it out. A lot of estimation but hopefully painted up and in situ it will do the job...

Attached Files:

14. Jazz A Fixture

England
    Nice work. I was never a sex pistols fan but this is looking good. I have just finished the young Elvis Presley by Andrea. Another figure with a Mike. Hope to post it soon.
    garyhiggins and crf like this.
  15. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I got into the protest thing a bit late, I've only just caught up with Peter, Paul and Mary, but with hindsight I still fancy Karen Carpenter!!!
    Best wishes, Gary.
    BTW The Fender looks good.
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  16. david pickford Active Member

Jazz- Elvis would make a good sculpt.
    Gary, thing is the Sex pistols were once 'shocking' but after all these years they're a national treasure!
    I gave Johnnie long sleeves, he always seems to wear them. I also changed his pose to make him more 'Punk' and started on my Sid Vicious Figure.
    IMG_3832.JPG IMG_3833.JPG IMG_3834.JPG
  17. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Never mind the bollocks, here's the sexpistols !
    I saw this group with Sid Vicious, and bought in UK the Metal Box from PIL(last group of J.Rotten)
    [IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

It was along time ago......:cry:
    And it is MY WAY !
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  18. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Definitely my era! Love these non- military figures your doing (so refreshing to see) keep going on this theme. Here is one project I have long promised myself...

[IMG]

-Rich
    Wings5797 and ChaosCossack like this.
  19. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Do not forget Giv em enough rope
    [IMG]
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  20. david pickford Active Member

Thanks for those reference pics Zas, I watched Sid's 'my way' too- I'd forgotten that video, until I saw the end!
    I've been listening to 'Never Mind the B*******' full blast in my car on the way to work to get my juices going!

I'm up and running with this now, so I might just pull it off- but I am worried about sratching the drum kit. Should be fun trying though. Also I've got to try and get that wild eyed Johnnie Rotten look with the paint brush, as my sculpt doesn't look too johnnie like at the moment.

The Clash were a little bit after - big in my first year at college I remember 'London Calling ' a favourite at the student disco!