1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book An Open Box Video Review of AC MODELS,"ANZAC Charge", Gallipoli 1915 54mm

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Stelios Demiras, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello this is an Open Box Video Review of this Super Dramatic Diorama of AC Models, "ANZAC Charge, Gallipoli 1915", sculpted and painted by Andrew Cairns, planetfigure regular contributor! I hope that you like it!

All comments are welcome

_DSC5604_SMALL.JPG
    Mazayas, Borek, Trex and 9 others like this.
  2. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    That is a very impressive kit indeed. It should do well, especially with modellers here Down Under. Heartiest congratulations, and thank you for producing it. Like the men from other nations that fought at Gallipoli (Ottoman Empire, Great Britain, France, India and Newfoundland) they were brave men indeed.

One minor point - the painting by Dixon at the beginning of the video completely misrepresents the landing at Anzac - part of the propaganda during the war. The 3rd Australian Infantry Brigade landed in darkness against light opposition (one Ottoman platoon of 85 riflemen) and quickly over ran them by the time dawn broke. By daylight, the troops were moving inland chasing the remnants of the fleeing Turks, and the follow on brigades were landing unopposed.

Chris P10140_008 2nd Brigade landing on Anzac beach one hour after the initial landing 2.jpg P10140_004 2nd Brigade landing on Anzac beach one hour after the initial landing..jpg Anzac Cove early am 25 April-1.jpg .
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    lovely, on my wish list.
    anstontyke likes this.
  4. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Great work! Great review, and great item !
    But about the review, are we on PF or youtube ?
    I reelly prefer Nap's style review !
    But it's my own opinion !
  5. Nap Moderator

England
    H Stelios

That's a heck of a lot of parts and a particularly fine diorama in true Andy's style , realism as soldiers are on the battlefield.

As for video reviews ..adds another dimension certainly , I have watched many on YouTube for me the music is sometimes off putting ..modern technology eh!

Thanks however to Stelios for making and sharing the review

Nap
  6. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Thank you ALL
    For you kind comments. As I told you in first place this year I tried something different and new for me as I saw that video has some potential! I mean videos through youtube can attract the interest of more people outside of our "closed modelling world, which is getting older. We need new blood...Most of the young people use the youtube almost for everything...So if we can gain some of them from out there will be certainly a bet that we won! The normal reviews (I mean with just photos and text) required 1/5 and maybe less of the time consuming to do a descend video review...But I think the result worth the time. It is a moving icon!!! The music is chosen from non copyright items...So do you want to go more for just photos and some text?? What do you think?

All the best
    Stelios
  7. MrBMB A Fixture

Yes I like Naps as well but I also like vids as you can tell.
    Its like anything if you don't like the look of it, don't press play and move on. Videos help promote figure companies which in turn helps them to sell figures to make more money to make more figures............for us.
    When you Google things it also pops up videos which help promote the hobby or that individual figure.
    I like the 3d feel of a video and you get to see all the angles.
    Just my thoughts

BTW I saw this painted up at QMHE 2016 and it looked great!!
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  8. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Stelios,

I thought the use of the video was a masterful piece of marketing, and gave prospective buyers a much better idea of what they would be purchasing, especially with such a complex and impressive product. Very well done indeed, and I would encourage more use of them.

Chris
  9. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Great dio and superb review. Thx for sharing, Stelios :).

Cheers Borek
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  10. Mazayas Active Member

maginific history
  11. Trex Well-Known Member

Great review Stelios, thanks for your time and effort to do this. (y)
    Video reviews can be as interesting as the classic "text & photos", but IMHO it's better if the video is narrated rather than music covered.
  12. Stelios Demiras A Fixture

Greece
    Hello Trex,
    I am not a native English speaking and to do this will be very very difficult and I am not sure for the result. Another point I have received through my experience is that a lot of people can not follow the narrator if English is not their native language. Writing captions (giving also enough time in the video so you can read) it is a better solution. You can stop the video any time and read the captions with you time. In the speaking text this is not an option... Of course in some video I saw that the speaking text is translated to captions but still moving too fast. But of course this will be under consideration for the future. I think the better will be to combine both!

All the best
    Stelios
    napoleonpeart and Trex like this.
  13. Mazayas Active Member

Gracias por toda la informacion
  14. Trex Well-Known Member

I've seen many videos narrated by non native speakers and being one myself, they weren't difficult to understand or annoying.
    However, I understand some "ethnic accent" could be a bit annoying to native speakers.
    But then again, this could be the case even between native speakers (a Texan and a Scottish for example). :woot:

In a nutshell, I agree that a combination of narration and text would be more efficient for reviewing videos.
    The proportion of these being up to the creator and depending on the amount of information in relation to the play time.
    Some music could still fit in, but in very low volume as a "carpet".
    Mazayas likes this.
  15. Red Five Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    My grandfather was there. A very young 2nd lieutenant serving in the Ghurkhs Rifles. Ended up on that big hospital ship to fight the Turks again.
  16. chailey Active Member

England
    It's neither a scale I am able paint nor a subject I know much about, but it's a fantastic little diorama, I hope it sells well for you.

Steve