1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

An intimate KS for those of you who like the ladies

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by KaYoMiniatures, Apr 30, 2016.

1. 1 month to fund this miniature!

Hello Friends. KaYo here, from KaYo Miniatures:
    I wanted to show you guys my latest sculpt. I'm very proud of it and want to turn it into a 75mm scale miniature. The quality will be better than last KS because of a return to a previous vendor and the price is low so we can get it made.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

It will not be sold after this KS. If you want it ACT NOW.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1813929815/simplicity-75mm-resin-cast

The Story behind this KS

I struggled a lot with the first two kickstarters and honestly I was kinda burned out and that's why I took a break for a while. Doing this sculpture was refreshing as I had no pressure and I was just doing what I loved to do. At the same time, sharing it in such an intimate way, without trying to out do the gaming companies that present dozens of miniatures at once, is really a lot less stressing. Specially now that I've found, through trial and error, good vendors I can rely on. This is what I wanted when I first thought of making miniatures and I'm happy I'm finally finding my spot.
    So now that this campaign is out I'm rethinking my whole "business plan" and thinking about taking the "business" part out (for the most part, at least). I have a day job that supports me and my family so I want to make miniatures just for the love of creating, sharing and most of all: participating on the creative process of others through the painting and kit bashing.
    Regarding the subject matter, it's no secret that I have a preference for the ladies but that is not going to be all I'll ever sculpt. In fact, now that I'm returning to my original intentions, I want to go back to writing as I create characters. Just like the stories I wrote in the first KS of For-Ha. In fact I want to continue writing that story. So minis will include heroes, monsters, clothed girls... and a pin-up or nude every now and then.
    So the plan is going to be to sit down and sculpt... and sharing the sculpt with you through KS... hopefully they all get funded. I'm thinking one a month.
    What do you guys think? Please, write to me or make a comment. Previous backers know that there is nothing I enjoy more than engaging in conversations with my friends. I like receiving feedback and talking about different possibilities.
    I need your help spreading the word!
    In the KS body you'll find some sample facebook and twitter posts to share it and a sample email with images. I want this miniature and I'm doing all I can to get it made. If you want it, please help me out.
  2. bigtodd PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    The form is great. Is it finished or a work in progress? For my tastes and again its just me, I prefer smoother surfaces especially the hair. Like I said the form is great just needs to be polished up.
    Uruk-Hai likes this.
  3. Mark S Guest

This is a very nice piece indeed,...But I think there is something about the breasts which make them appear as fake silicone implanted breasts do.
    Just to confirm this idea I asked my wife to have a look and before I even mentioned anything she said " They look like fake breasts".
    She went on to say everything else about the piece looks great and I agree.
    But the breasts aren't reacting to gravity at all, they either need to drop a little or the nipples need to be placed a little lower IMO.
    captnenglish and Wings5797 like this.
  4. hey guys. Thank you very much for starting a conversation. I hear both your points Todd and Mark.

I think there is no right or wrong on these subjects but I do want to share my position. Regarding the polishing, I feel like that is a different style that I don't necessarily want to emulate. I like the slight unevenness. It feels more human, less doll to me and I enjoy that. Again, this is my personal preference.

Now regarding the breasts I can see how they may look fake. However she is holding her arms up which pulls the breasts. Anywho... I have a lifetime of practice on the subject ahead of me and I'm planning on enjoying the journey ;)

Thank you for the compliments too. It feels good to be appreciated by fellow artists. Please do help me spread the word!
  5. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Everything is at the right place
    I remember ... oops
    housecarl and Wings5797 like this.
  6. JackG Active Member

Canada
    Looks good, and the non-smooth surface look is natural for cellulite.

About the breasts, the space in between them might be too wide and/or devoid of fat - the transition is just too abrupt, contributing to the fake look. The shape above and below the nipple is also too symmetrical. There should be a sort of curving flat slope in the top half, and not a total globular shape.
  7. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Like the pose - but not just her breasts might need another look:D - the lower legs streched out with her ankles and feet seem to be a tad short in comparison to the upper legs. See what I mean?
    akt kniend 1.jpg

Cheers, Martin
    captnenglish, Dan Morton and Uruk-Hai like this.
  8. Based on your feed back and went back and re sculpted the breast and extended the feet. And I agree it does look a lot better.
    [IMG]

Anyways. Thank you for the criticism. It impacted positevely my sculpt and I appreciate it.
  9. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

Like the figure a lot - please let me know where I can subscribe to the kickstarter - I'd like one - but I do agree the breasts are a little too fake looking - defying gravity. But I do like the figure and it will be a challange to get the flesh tones right.
  10. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    I applaud your willingness to accept constructive criticism. The new version does indeed look much better.

Jason
    Martin64 likes this.
  11. Gary D PlanetFigure Supporter

Canada
    Based on the correction I just pledged! Looking forward to tackling a female figure :whistle:

Gary D
  12. Mark S Guest

I'd like to echo Jason's comments and suggest that it's very refreshing and an example of enlightened maturity to see a sculptor or a producer here on pF who can appreciate critiques in the helpful way in which they were intended without spitting the dummy and yelling for their mummy.
    The corrections are brilliant KaYo.......all the best with this piece.
    Martin64 likes this.
  13. you guys... ! Thank you very much. :)
  14. Adrian Cowdry Well-Known Member

I agree - I really do appreciate an artist taking the constructive criticism - I have already signed my kickstarter in. Good luck with the figure.