1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

An addition I want to put on Nuts Planet Roman Aquila

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by taff edwards, Apr 24, 2014.

1. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am intending to put an addition to my bust which will consist of the Legionary system of carrying their kit in the field using the wooden cross system .
    Any feed back and ideas all appreciated
    Cheers Chris
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    dArtagnan, Joe55, Tarracus and 4 others like this.
  2. Mark Dollery Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Those will be nice additions Taff, can't say I have seen any busts with the full kit layout before! o_O
    I will watch this progress...
    mark D ;)
  3. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    hi Mark
    Properly wont put the full tools on the axe and what looks like a garden lawn edger lol but like the idea of the mesh bag the roman stye brief case lol just will make it a bit different I am a bit strange like that lol .
    Thanks for the feed back
    Cheers Chris
  4. Tarracus A Fixture

Hi Chris
    Like very much your idea about rendering the marching pack, has much more sense that carrying the aquila on his back (Which in fact has no sense at all, IMO) .
  5. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I am trying to work out if the x frame had straps or was it only carried shown depicted in pictures if so he will need an arm , lol if not it could be straps but I am sure they improvised
  6. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Be a good idea to add the pick lol
    Cheers Chris
    image.jpg
  7. Tarracus A Fixture

No straps at sight . Reenactors are tough guys!
    IMG.jpg IMG2.jpg
  8. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Bugger he will need arms lol
    Cheers Chris
  9. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    I think you are really on to something. By the way, what is that contraption you have the bust braced onto?

Joe
  10. taff edwards A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    It's part of a pedestal I think made by Tamiya years ago it has two parts a flat one with lots of holes in it and the one you see with the adjustable wire frame which was ideal for vehicles that I used to do years ago its quite a handy bit of kit ,as it revolves really well which is god fo spraying .
    Thanks for the feed back Joe
    Cheers Chris