1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

"All Gave Some...Some Gave All" 2/47th Infantry, Vietnam 1967

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by James O'Leary, Apr 22, 2015.

1. James O'Leary Member

United-States
    Hello All,

Here is a vignette I made a few days prior to the Operation MacArthur vignette. It depicts a senior NCO from 2d Battalion, 47th Infantry (Mechanized), 9th Infantry Division contemplating the death of one of his Soldiers expressing both sorrow and anger in his eyes. The Senior NCO is a conversion of Bravo 6 figures with a Hornet head and the fallen Soldier draped in the poncho is a conversion of a CMK figure. The Senior NCO is wearing a 9th Infantry Division current unit patch on his left arm, a 1st Infantry Division patch on his right arm indicating a previous tour in Vietnam, has both name and US Army tapes as well as a CIB on his chest. I don't know if you can see it, but there are M113 tracks in the dirt tying it in with 2/47th Infantry (Mech). This took place in October 1967 in Long An Province.

Here are the photos:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers,
    James
    Kisifer, yeo_64, Ferris and 7 others like this.
  2. swralph A Fixture

Lovely work all round.
  3. James O'Leary Member

United-States
    Thanks, Ralph. I appreciate it.

Cheers,
    James
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Nice work, neat jungle plants. :)
  5. DancingShaman Active Member

Turkey
    Weathering effect on the uniform looks really nice.
  6. sherman93 Member

That's a great work!!!
  7. James O'Leary Member

United-States
    Thanks for the positive comments, gents.

Bob, the plants are a mixture of some herbs that I preserved with glycerine, a type of plant that I got that was part of a wreath, and some doll house plants made out of clay.

Thanks for looking.
    Cheers,
    James
  8. Mike Stevens PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    The 9th ID is a recurrent theme in your painting. Nice painting.
  9. James O'Leary Member

United-States
    Hello Mike,

Yes, the 9th ID is the subject of most of my work. My dad served with them in Vietnam and I have met many veterans from the 9th ID who have been supportive of providing me with their stories that help with creating some of these vignettes and dioramas.

Cheers,
    James