1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Alkar helper

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by robert110, Aug 20, 2017.

1. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    New project, this one from Croatian history. More could be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinjska_alka. Nothing is fixed yet and some things will be changed but this is how it looks now..

cheers
    Robert

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    stoffy01, gforceman, winfield and 3 others like this.
  2. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    wip.... just to see how yataghan sword and flintlock pistol will fit...

[IMG]
  3. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    In a sea of professionals and extremely talented sculptors here on PF , you can drop an eye on my sculpting efforts ...
    WIP

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  4. Old Pete Active Member

Scotland
    dont put yourself down this is very very good
  5. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    Thanks Pete, I'm not down , just feeling that I'm stuck , and not improving any more... but still enjoying sculpting minis..

cheers
    Robert
  6. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I think that the problem is something else :)
    You was so determined to do the clothing ornaments right (and You did- no question about that) that You forgot the rest and started with details too soon.
    The head is not nearly the quality You did before with platoon sculpts or the Bruce...
    I would suggest to chop off the head, get the few images of the same "alkarski dečko" - the same person, and sculpt the portrait of that person.
    You have sooo good eyes for the portraits, so use them !!!
    Then again, I might be wrong ;)
  7. robert110 Well-Known Member

Croatia
    ah , Darko.. everything You wrote is true. I rushed a bit with everything. Head is worst than those before because there was no reference images.. it's kind of compilation of few faces imagined in my head ;) .
  8. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Just keep pushing forward, and do not loose mojo ;)
  9. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Yes Robert....agree with pokrad.....You are putting the cart waaaaaaay before the horse.

Wayne
    robert110 likes this.