1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

ALIVE HISTORY MINIATURES. NEWS: Hun Warrior 4 c. a. d.

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by alexseyk, May 18, 2018.

1. alexseyk Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Good day!
    I'm owner (alexseyk65@mail.ru) trade mark Alive History Miniatures
    I want present new figures in Sunset Empire Series.
    This is second hun figure in this series.

Hun warrior 4 c. a.d.
    kits from white metal, steel weapon, size 54 mm
    Sculptor: Dm. Shevtsov
    Artist: niena studio
    If you have any questions or want take full catalog by Alive History Miniatures
    or want buy any figures, please, write me:
    alexseyk65@mail.ru

Attached Files:

• 99.jpg
      99.jpg
      File size:
      673.6 KB
      Views:
    • 55.jpg
      55.jpg
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 44.jpg
      44.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 33.jpg
      33.jpg
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
    • 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      2 MB
      Views:
    Oda, Huw63, housecarl and 4 others like this.
  2. mortier A Fixture

Germany
    Very good hun and fantastic paintwork
  3. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great sculpt and the painting is awesome.(y)
    Mark
  4. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice figure spoiled by an incorrect bow with the arrow shot off the wrong side. This info is all readily available on a quick Google search. I know I keep ranting on about this but if you are going to the trouble of designing, sculpting, casting and marketing what is supposed to be a historical figure then don't you have any interest in getting the fundamentals correct? Bob
  5. alexseyk Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Hi, Bob!
    Thank you!

Arrow isn't pasted now.
    You can made this by any side.
  6. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Alexsey and Bob

I've never shot a bow from horseback so I'm unsure of the convention used at the time by Huns.
    Certainly for a standing right handed target or field archer the arrow is usually on the left of the bow with the cock feather pointing away from the bow (or at 9.00 o'clock viewed from the rear for a right handed archer) That said I've seen Japanese mounted archers on horseback put the arrow on the other side of the bow which probably is due to the difficulty and inherent risk of putting the arrow 'through' the bow whilst galloping along. (Perhaps this is where the confusion arises?) I'm not sure how accurate this method would be at longer ranges, but would be much easier and quicker to load so perhaps that is more typical for a mounted bowman?

I like the figure,personally, but I understand what Bob is pertaining too (The current issue of Medieval Warfare has a line of bowmen with arrows on the 'wrong' side and a fletching guaranteed to strip off as soon as the arrows are loosed!)

Cheers
    Paul
    mortier likes this.
  7. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The reason the arrow should be on the opposite side of the bow is that Mongols used the Asiatic draw where they used a thumb ring to draw the string which puts the pressure on the opposite side of the string to the European draw. For this reason alone is why the arrow is on the wrong side. It is not a simple matter of choice. The bow is still entirely wrong and would not be made of solid wood as painted. They used laminated recurve bows made of a thin lath of wood in the centre, horn on the back of the bow and sinew on the front of the bow. in cross section the bow should be a shallow ellipse. They were usually covered in a thin layer of leather. Here is a picture of what a Mongol bow should look like at full draw at note the distinctive "ears" at the ends of the bow. Also note that the arrow is drawn back right to the ear. Bob
    Hun Bow.jpg
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    I really like this figure. Arrow can be on the other side because its a loos part.
    With some green stuff you can correct the bow, or made another one from wire.
    Would really like to see how you paint a laminated bow in 54 mm Bob.

Marc
    mortier and DaddyO like this.
  9. Bob Orr Active Member

United-Kingdom
    You do not have to paint the laminations. As I said before they were covered in thin leather so that is what you would paint rather than wood effect. They were glued together with hot animal glue so were covered in leather to give some protection to the weather. see pic below. To be accurate you would have to remake the bow and alter the draw to behind the ear. Frankly if I am paying $67 plus postage for a figure I do not expect to have to do this. I expect the designer/producer to have done the proper research in the first place. It only takes minutes on a Google search.

Mongol bow.jpg
  10. The horse seems to me exaggeratedly big. The horses of the steppes, where the Huns came from, were smaller horses.
    Oda, Gennady Danshin and DaddyO like this.
  11. Oda A Fixture

Jawdropping beauty!!!!

Oda.