1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Alexandros Models Militiaman Saragossa

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by davidmitchell, Aug 5, 2009.

1. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Guys just back from two weeks holidays , so have not made much progress with this .
    Jacket and belts finished ,still working on the trousers.Just noticed in the photos that I have chipped paint on the tip of his nose.Hope to get this one finished in time for Euro, still all the groundwork to paint as well.All comments welcome.

Cheers David

Attached Files:

2. magister militum New Member

United-States
    Great technique, color choices and choice of figure. Very slick.
  3. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks for kind comments Magister, it is a great little figure to paint.

Cheers David
  4. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Great progress.
    I think the very beautiful color.
    I'm looking forward to completion of your work.

Mitsutaka
  5. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Amazing Dave.....You've got a tonal colour harmony all around!!!! Welldone indeed!!!

Ray ;)
  6. Diegoff A Fixture

Spain
    Excelent job!

Now I wonder how can you put the fusil under the arm... without spoil that beautiful painting.

Keep the good job

Diego
  7. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Beautiful use of simple uncomplicated colours, very nice indeed.
    Love it,
    Carl.
  8. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Davy
    I thought that was a bogie on his nose.
    Brian
  9. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    David you have carried the colour choices of very well, lovely looking figure.

Steve
  10. RFL Active Member

United-States
    Very fine work David, I`m still in awe of the skin tones blending with small spots of color. Really snaps the face contrast up.
  11. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    David great work, beautiful blending on the face and coat, I too have this on the bench, a lovely little piece, I too am wondering how you intend to get the musket between the arm and the body, as this is a tight fit, without paint......?

Dave
  12. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Mitsutaka,Ray,Diego,Carl,Brian,Steve,Richard and Dave for your generous words.
    As for the musket Diego and Dave you are right it is a tight fit ,so I had to do a little adjustment to get it to fit.

Cheers David
  13. gothicgeek A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    really like the colour choices on this

lovely work indeed :)

Mark
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello David,

Beautiful colours you choose, and fantastic work on the fleshtones.
    I´m keep on eye on this figure:cool:

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  15. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Mark and Pedro , choice of colours is something I really enjoy when painting a new figure.

Cheers David
  16. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    David, great painting and I echo the previous comments about choice of colours, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh at Euro.

Cheers Ken
  17. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Ken, look forward Euro and meeting up with all the guys on Planet.

Cheers David
  18. el cid New Member

Canada
    Nice work Dave. I have been watching your work closely on this piece. Your work has me inspired to spash some paint on mine and get it going. Could you share with us your recipe for the face and the coat? Again, it should do very well at Euro.
  19. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Glad you like him Steve, the colours used on the face are Flesh ochre,Mars orange,Brown madder,Naples yellow pale,Titanium white,Sepia and Warm sepia I know this is a lot of colours , but they are all used in small amounts.The colours used on the coat areTitanium white,Paynes grey,Mars brown,Mars orange and Yellow ochre pale.Hope this is of some help.

Cheers David