1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review AK Interactive F.A.Q. Book - Water, Ice and Snow - Michigan Toy Soldier Blog

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by CondeJulian, May 7, 2018.

1. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Hello fellows,
    My buddy Jake just reviewed the new F.A.Q. book from AK Interactive about water, ice and snow. It's a complete guide with up to date techniques and materials to recreate the most awesome dioramas and vignettes using snow and water, which are both hard to replicate in scale.

[IMG]

Take a look at the full review on the link below at Michigan Toy Soldier Store Blog :

F.A.Q. BOOK FULL REVIEW

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Best,

Julian

www.michtoy.com

2. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    This really should be under the new product section ..with all respect, it’s not a review but an advertorial..however unbiased, it’s still a conflicted source..the Trench Runner series is often very good, but hardly expected to show the bad, and ugly as well as the good
  3. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you, but we (Me, Jake and the collaborators for Michtoy) receive the products for review. We do our best to review the products, not just show what they are. I was under the impression this kind of article should fit under review / open book section.

Nap can move it where necessary :)
  4. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Thank you for the clarification ..as you no doubt will have seen the trenchrunner stuff for the most part isn’t review content. Much is directly pasted from manufacturers ...your circumstances are different, but it’s the perception as much as the fact in conflict of interest situations..
  5. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Thank you for the input.

My articles are always in depth reviews or tests and how to’s. Jake did this one as a review, but yes, the series has all kinds of articles.

But I am the only one from Michtoy staff posting here, even in Jake behalf. So I will choose wisely the kind of post will be, and as I told you this one was made as a review, so I tought this was the place for it.

Thanks,
    Julian
  6. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    I should add..a close friend of mine ended up with extremely dissatisfied with a piece he purchased based on a review on PF. He could I’ll afford to waste the £65 and finds himself stuck with it..he’s no rookie, so for him to toss a piece in disgust says something. So there is a consequence of less than full disclosure. It’s not just a fanciful pastime, it’s a business and involves customers hard won cash
  7. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Always is serious business, I deal with the products as I had spent money on them also, and for sure that is what counts. Its hard to make people feel we are telling the truth and not being paid to do so. Make sure everything from Michtoy is very serious and honest impression.

If this friend you say had the issue with one of my articles or from Michtoy, let me know.

Best,
    Julian
  8. grasshopper A Fixture

Canada
    Nothing to do you or michtoy. Not all all. Just a tipping point for a good friend..but most definitely not michtoy or any of your reviws
  9. CondeJulian Well-Known Member

Brazil
    Glad to know. Your input is very welcome as we try to improve always.