1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Agia Lavra, March 25th 1821.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Oct 20, 2016.

1. swralph A Fixture

Hi Roger.
    My opinion's for you.
    Option one...the flag of the flag bearer covers too much of the left hand figure.
    Option two..For me is the best idea as you can see all the figures.
    Option three...is similar to option one, as that the flag is covering the left hand figure
    :)
    Ralph.
  2. franceso sbarile A Fixture

Hi Roger.
    The main subject is the flag so to me option one with a step to raise the figures on behind, furthermore i would not put both figures on the same level, i.e. the bishop on on an higher step and the second figure just a little below. So you should assign an appropriate vertical space to each figure. The best all the figures look to the flag so they should have different relative positions.
    This in my opinion of course
    Cheers
    Francesco
    anstontyke and Oda like this.
  3. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very nice vignette.
    It's a shame that the flag is in such an elevated position.
    My suggestion (for what it's worth) would be to follow the painting and place the figures such that all were focused on the flag.
    A triangle should work very nicely, with the cleric at the back and elevated as much as possible above the flag.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  4. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Hello my friend. Very busy with the Legatus (half way). Then as you know: Perdikas. And after that........ .
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much Paul.
    I will download the film to watch on my next trip at sea.
    It would be great to see you do a Bulgarian War of Independence subject, go for it. (y) There's also some interesting Bulgarian subjects from the Balkan Wars 1912-13 that are waiting to see the light of day.
    For example,

Bulgarian Infantry Lance-Corporal in 1913..png
    Dan Morton, anstontyke and Oda like this.
  6. Oda A Fixture

The works of mr Mylonas (most prominent uniformologist of Greece) are always very inspiring and the armies of the Balkan wars(Greece,Serbia,Bulgaria,Montenegro,Turkey) sadly neglected.It is a gap waiting to be filled.Paul I really wait with anticipation to see what masterpiece you've made of the legatus and then of course....Perdikas(including his fascinating CV).

Oda
    anstontyke, rossbach and billyturnip like this.
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Ralph, Francesco, Andrew, Oda, thank you gentlemen for your thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time to have a look.

I have now constructed a step for the Bishop. Once it's in place I'll probably have another play around with the composition and post some more photos.

Thanks again.
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  8. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    I will be asking you for help to get together Pirdikas's CV ;). Right now that blue eyed Roman bloke absorbs me completely.

A Bulgarian subject as suggested by Roger would be very interesting too though.
    Oda and billyturnip like this.
  9. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    i would go with option 3 and the bishop raised up on a step with one hand on the flag. i am sure though whichever option you go with it will still turn out a stunning piece.

tony
    Oda and billyturnip like this.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Tony.
    That option is pretty much where I am heading with this now, or a variation of it. :D
    anstontyke likes this.
  11. rossbach PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    What I miss though is an outstanding model of him, for it was he that started the demise of the Ottoman Empire:

0xA2A942484EFA2084CBF44B32020A4276_1.jpg
    Huw63, Dan Morton, anstontyke and 2 others like this.
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I think I have it now.

IMG_4276.JPG
  13. Oda A Fixture

Yes Rog,I think that you definitely got it now.It looks spectacular even at this stage.
    Paul that is indeed an excellent idea.Do you know any model of him being around?

Oda.
    anstontyke and billyturnip like this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Yes, so do I, this what I am going with. :happy:
    Oda and anstontyke like this.
  15. anstontyke A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    perfect (y)

tony
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. Theodoros A Fixture

Greece
    Very interesting and promising project ! I would suggest to add a part of of the arch of the temple, behind the Bishop. Thus would define better the place and the sizes.
    anstontyke and billyturnip like this.
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you for looking and the suggestion , it is appreciated. I think I will leave it as it is though because I don't think there would be enough space on the base to incorporate an arch.
    anstontyke and Theodoros like this.
  18. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    This mornings work on Germanos III of Old Patras.

I've decided to go with the black robes with silver trim as per the box art as opposed to the mainly gold of the Vryzakis painting. I think it will stand out more from the other two figures.

IMG_4303.JPG
    napoleonpeart, Huw63, Oda and 2 others like this.
  19. fabrizio19691969 A Fixture

20. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Fabrizio. :)
    anstontyke likes this.