Review Acrylic Gator Glue for Photo Etched - Michigan Toy Soldier Store Blog

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Man On Fire, Dec 4, 2017.

1. Man On Fire Active Member

Brazil
    Hello,

I wanted to share my latest review for the Michtoy's store blog, the Gator Glue.
    It's a acrylic glue formulated for photo etched. I had no idea such product existed, and I loved it !

The clean job we get with this glue is just amazing. A sidearm for our bench. I know we all had PE problems sometime in our lives, so this comes as a great product.

[IMG]

Check out the full review here :

GATOR GLUE FULL REVIEW

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also, debuting today, the new layout for the blog. Lot's os]f new info, easier navigation and new reviews, previews and tips everyday !

MICHIGAN TOY SOLDIER STORE BLOG

Best,
    Julian

www.michtoy.com
    ATTİLA the HUN likes this.
  2. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    A great review on a product I'm not familiar with. However, looking online, it looks as though I can order it from the US ( no thanks !) but there only seems to be the woodworking type available here in the UK. Any clues or experience , guys?

Alan
    Man On Fire likes this.
  3. Redcap Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Alan.

You can occasionally find the acrylic version (green bottle in pic) being sold by some traders at UK shows. I bought some a couple of years ago and found it 'OK' though my own bottle went quite glutinous quite quickly after opening (maybe I had a duff bottle?) It works well with P.E. but truth be told, I am struggling to see any tangibly 'significant' advantage over using normal white glue or even Tamiya clear acrylic varnish (unthinned) to glue together or stick small lightweight pieces of P.E.

As always with P.E. there is no substitute for soldering larger pieces of the stuff for AFVs etc. rather than relying long term on any sort of glue for fit or structural integrity on a kit.

Gary
    Tommi and OldTaff like this.