1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

About Napoleonic French Carabiniers. Need your help.

Discussion in '"Today in History", Literature & Media Review' started by pmfs, Sep 12, 2015.

1. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi!
    In Metal Modeles Carabiner riding a horse have on the left arm a silver chevron that means the rank of sergeant.
    My question is: a double chevron means corporal i guess, if so, the eupallettes are red instead of silver like the officers example?
    I have Osprey men at arms 405: Napoleon's Carabiniers but I cannot find any info about it.
    Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Pedro.

Attached Files:

2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Pedro
    Just checked on the Rousselot plate for Carabiniers 1810-15 for you - (Notes are quoted from them)

NCO's and corporals had one or two silver stripes for the former and two in white wool for the latter. Stripes were edged in sky blue. Additionally NCO's wore chevrons of silver braid on sky blue and wore neither the pouch belt nor musket sling. Epaulettes and swordknots were a mixture of silver and red wool and it is probable their grenades were embroidered silver.

Hope that helps

Paul

ps - NCO illustration shows the fringes of the epaulettes in alternate red and silver rather than a mixed thread if you see what I mean. :happy:
    pmfs likes this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Paul, many many thanks for your precious help. (y)(y)(y)
    Thank you for your time.:happy:(y)

Cheers,
    Pedro
  4. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No problem Pedro :D

Have fun
    Paul
    pmfs likes this.
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Thank you again Paul much appreciated!