1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

About HD photos???

Discussion in 'Photography' started by pmfs, Sep 16, 2013.

1. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hi there!

I see for sometime figures with HD quality posted by Alex Iguazzu, wonderful works in every sense.
    Like i am a bit curious i started searching about those photos in web but i dont found anything that clarified me.
    As HD pixel density 720p was introduced in tv´s with 16:9 ratio I thought, (sometimes i think:D ) let see if my camera does 16:9??!!! and soon i discover that my camera (Finepix JX250 14MP) work in 16:9 aspect ratio at 10MP:eek:... and my question is: if i "shoot" photos in 16:9 are they in HD?

Pedro
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    As far as I know 16:9 has nothing to do with HD.
    HD is High Definition. 16:9 is for the measurements of the picture, the today standard for flat screens and where the camera's are working on.
    16:9 is an aspect ratio with a width of 16 units and height of 9. Since 2009, it has become the most common aspect ratio for sold televisions and computer monitors and is also the international standard format of HDTV, FULL HD, non-HD digital television and analog widescreen television.
    In the old days (tube tv) the standard ratio whas 3:4 or if you want 4:3

High-definition provides a resolution that is substantially higher than that of standard definition
    HD starts with a pixel ratio of 1280 x 720.
    So if your camera set on that pixelratio your pictures are always in HD.

You can't speak of HD pictures, but only in High Resolution pictures.
    Today it is possible to go over more then 32 miljoen pixels per inch (ppi)

If you shoot your pictures in 16:9 you will always have a full screen with your picture.
    Marc
    pmfs likes this.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal

Hi Mark and thank you for input.

I guess my camera does more than 1280 x 720. Pic from my cell phone just to see the number of the pixel density in 10MP 16:9 aspect ratio was:
    4288 x 2416 as you can see if you download the photo and seeing the detail of it.

Pedro

Attached Files:

• LG.JPG
      LG.JPG
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  4. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    The most camera's on cell phones gives a High resolotiun picture. Some cellphones catch up a normal digital pocket camera.
    The only lack on cellphone camera's is that they cannot zoom or flash.
    Your cellphone camera has a high resolution.

marc
    pmfs likes this.
  5. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    This phone have crap digital zoom.

Thanks Marc!

Pedro.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Yes, and that cost you alot of pixels. Digital zoom is not the same as optical zoom.
    If you can choose: always go for the optical.

Marc
    pmfs likes this.