1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A special issue of the magazine TRADITIONS

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Zastrow.cuirassier, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    For lovers of the Napoleonic period !
    [IMG]
    And specifically the French lancers of the Line,
    A special issue devoted entirely to these horsemen of the French 1st Empire.
    Traditions n° 3

A real must have.
    [IMG]
    A superb documentation for a not too expensive, 9.8 € without P & P.
    For inormations and purchase:
    https://www.lelivrechezvous.fr/nos-revues/traditions/traditions-n-3.html
    Website to remember for your research literature.
    If you have problems to get this No. TRADITIONS, I would try to help you in the best of my ability.
    Do not hesitate to contact me, i will do my best!
    rado2828, Tommi, rjay and 2 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi ZC ,

I would like to get this any chance of helping the Nap ?

Looks really good

Nap
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  3. Dekiman Well-Known Member

Is there English issue?
  4. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Off course there is an English issue ; they always have issues with the French :rolleyes:
    DEL, Tubby-Nuts2, Tonton and 9 others like this.
  5. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Unfortunately, the French are too sometimes (quite always) stupid to understand that an English would be an advantage for their magazine ou their books!
    Mirofsoft likes this.
  6. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    Send me a PM !
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  7. Zastrow.cuirassier PlanetFigure Supporter

France
    It's nice to believe in Santa Claus and peace to the world!;)
  8. chippy Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Boy oh Boy I'd love to get my hands on one of these as Lancers are my favourite mounted figures but if there's no English issue likely to be forthcoming them I think it's time to blow that bloody Channel tunnel up and show them how serious we are about getting an English translation , and solve a few more than problem at the same time .
    chippy
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Maybe not to blow it up Chippy but it certainly needs a portcullis , got to think there has to be some sort of safeguard door built into the tunnel somewhere or a means of flooding it in case of war .:cool:
  10. Huw63 A Fixture

Thank you for sharing this information Zastrow.

I've used livres chez vous several times in the past and never had a problem with their service.

Cheers

Huw
    crf likes this.
  11. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Never mind getting an English issue, you could always learn French! What better reason to learn another language, one that serves your main hobby?

Gazette des Uniformes used to publish an English supplement which summarised the main articles, maybe "Traditions" could do this also?
    crf likes this.
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

I learnt to French for that very reason!!! Sadly I don't get to speak it often but some of the fine gents at Montrouge, which attend annually, are always most accommodating and allow me to practise a little. Notably are conversations with Bruno Leibowitz, Gilles of Atelier Maket and of course Christian of Historex!

I think that the Historex catalogue and the English edition of the Rousselot books have translations included in them.

Cheers

Huw
    crf and OldTaff like this.
  13. If you know anything about Napoleonic French uniforms, the text is easy to understand. The illustrations are superb and make understanding easy. I find buying online from Le Livre Chez Vous is very easy, the magazines come well protected and quickly.
    I doubt there will be an English translation as they really don't need to do one given that no enthusiast for French uniforms will really care.
    The lancer issue is a special by the way. The normal issues cover other periods although Napoleonic does predominate and other countries. In issue two for example there is a nice article about Napoleonic era Russian hussar uniforms. image.jpg
    crf likes this.
  14. Richard Baxter A Fixture

Scotland
    Based on the recommendations above, I have just bought all 3 of the existing issues. I must say that this is a superb publication which I cannot recommend highly enough. Very well produced on glossy paper, well bound, about 100 pages per issue, and an absolute bargain at 9.80 Euros per issue. An emphasis on the French army and history, but plenty of other articles of interest too. Appears very well researched and full of excellent photos (often of extant examples of uniforms and equipment) and maps, all in colour. I received the magazines within 5 days of ordering (France to UK), and they were extremely well packaged and arrived in pristine condition. The text is, of course, in French and I can understand it fine with my 45 year-old A level, bar the odd word that I need to look up. However, as many current uniform terms derive from French, the general reader will I am sure get the gist so don't be afraid! This is a journal which is sure to become a classic and should be essential reading for those with an interest in the French army and military history, especially within the 19th century and WW1. The publishers also produce an excellent range of books on military and historical subjects, most of which I have never seen in the UK, so check our their website www.lelivrechezvous.fr .
    billyturnip, OldTaff and Huw63 like this.
  15. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I can only add my praise for the company, who sent my copies 'toute de suite'. Excellent publications, printed on good paper,too.
  16. Nap Moderator

England

Ordered mine last night ..all 3 ...despatched today ...looking forward to seeing these

Nap
  17. Huw63 A Fixture

I've been a very very very naughty boy according to my old lady. Recently I bought about 12 books on Amazon, over 2 months the whole lot of Scale 75 paints to learn about acrylics, several pieces at Montrouge back in April, Waterloo commanders and German Officer from CGS, a Meng Krupp tank, a Bronco Horch and I've a Tiger and another Marder II on order and now I'm going to order this.

Of course there are several packages she doesn't know about... and some bike spares...Now my smuggling skills are about to be tested again!

I'm going to blame all of you...
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  18. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    'S alright, Huw, bach, we've got broad shoulders:LOL: