1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A New Flat Figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Nov 22, 2007.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I am embarking on something a little, actually a lot, different for me. A flat figure. It is about 100mm and I am painting with acrylics.
    I could do with all the help I can get so I would be grateful for any advice. This is how far I have got.

Roger.

[IMG]
  2. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    Seems to me you can do it without advice. Looks really good so far
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Patrick, it hasn't been without it''s traumas. Maybe with some advice less grey hair.

Roger
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello Roger, looks very nice so far.The only thing is that the cheeck has the same lights all over,but maybe is the photo.I also got some samurai flats from Roy,I hope i'll paint them soon!
    christos
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comment Christos. I was actually thinking of adding a tiny bit more highlight but wasn't sure if I dare risk it. Maybe I will now.
    Cheers,
    Roger
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Roger, that looks terrific - a great change!

All the best,
    Dan
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Dan. I'm doing this at the same time as our Canadian friend. The Canadian is in the lead at the moment.

Roger
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks very good Roger.
    Start is great.

marc
  9. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Roger I can't fault it so far. Remember with flats the contrasts between shade and highlight are more pronounced and that the light all falls frim the same source and you'll be right.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks very much fella's and thanks for the advice Stephen, as they say at Tesco "Every little helps!"

Roger
  11. eissteban Active Member

France
    oh yes great change Roger ...
    good start and well done for me
    Arbeit Arbeit ;)
  12. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Seb, I keep putting it on the table and losing it!!!!
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Progress so far..........

[IMG]