1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A lovely day in Stoke

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by swralph, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia
    Thanks for the photos. Nice to be able to put some faces to names. All young blokes too!!

Chris
  2. Chrisr PlanetFigure Supporter

Australia

Not at all Ralph. Good to see you made it, and had a good time. Keep up the painting - you are doing some great work.

Chris
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Aah - thanks, Ken - I must have missed him, as I wanted to say hello!(y)
    peedee likes this.
  4. Mike - The Kiwi A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Neat to put names to faces - looking forward to meeting some of you later this year guys.
  5. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I missed the show this year, but hope to get there next year. Meanwhile, please can we have a planerFigure display at figure world?.
    Glad you enjoyed it Ralph.
    peedee, swralph and napoleonpeart like this.
  6. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Gary

I too hope to get there next year ..agree about a PF display at FW .....certainly going to be one at Bugle Call on 27th November

Nap
    peedee and garyhiggins like this.
  7. swralph A Fixture

Cheers Gary:).
    I t really was a good day for me.
    peedee, garyhiggins and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    How did I miss that one-both the guys who travelled with me are in the picture...they can bloody walk next time....LOL

Keith
    peedee, valiant, Helm and 1 other person like this.
  9. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I can always Photoshop you in, Keith...!!!:LOL:
    peedee, Helm and garyhiggins like this.
  10. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Don't worry Steve, I wouldn't want to show the others up with my George Clooney good looks....I think that's why they left me out!........LOL

Keith
    valiant, peedee and garyhiggins like this.
  11. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well, I know its hard when you're as good looking as we are - don't want to stand out too much...!!:whistle:
    garyhiggins, Tecumsea and peedee like this.
  12. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have to say here; I have spoken since the show to modellers who were there, but not pf members, who all remarked on there being a special atmosphere at the show.

I attempted to blame it on a mixture of white spirit, plastic cement and mushy peas from the caterers, but they all meant it was a great friendly vibe created by the club, exhibitors traders and modellers.

I agree it was a wonderful day.

I attend a lot of shows and was getting a bit fed up of hearing negativity before xmas 2016.

This year, without exception all the shows have been fun again
    and very sociable, but this was fun plus for me.

Can I ask if possible to have the same format again next year Steve please?
    Best wishes.

Paul.
    garyhiggins, Helm and swralph like this.
  13. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Paul - its nice to know that the show had a good feel and that all the hard work was appreciated - I will pass on your comments and Im sure we will do it all again next year!

Huge thanks on behalf of SOTMC, (y)
  14. swralph A Fixture

Hopefully I will make it next year:).
  15. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Cheers Ralph - we hope you can make it, too(y)

After all, there are not many times you hear the sentence, "a lovely day out in Stoke"!:LOL:
    garyhiggins, red tom and swralph like this.
  16. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    I need to refresh my memory-was this the show that arose to take the place of Euromilitaire? How'd it go?

Prost!
    Brad
  17. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    No Brad - this was our third show as a regional club, but we were lucky to have incorporated Figureworld West as a "show within a show" - hopefully, the start of something regular...(y)

Euro Expo has taken over from Euro Militaire, only run by modellers, for modellers, this time.
    theBaron and garyhiggins like this.
  18. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Ah, OK, thanks for clarifying! Well, I'm glad you guys had a good show. Are there other photos posted anywhere? It's always fun to see.

Prost!
    Brad
  19. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    There are some on our FB page, Stoke on Trent Model Club and you should find links to other club's photos of the show on the page...(y)