1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique A Gentleman In Khaki (2)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Dec 13, 2012.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Progress so far, with ligh, without it and with the flash.... I couldn't decide. :LOL:

Roger.

. PICT0022.JPG PICT0023.JPG PICT0024.JPG PICT0025.JPG PICT0026.JPG PICT0027.JPG
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Excellent start Roger.
    Carl.(y)
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Carl. I was considering painting it as a Rifle regiment but I have a feeling the belt buckle would be wrong, rifles having a snake clasp. Time for some research.

Roger.
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    If you are on about the K.R.R.C. the belt buckle in 1879 was definitely the snake clasp, equipment never advanced much and they still had these in WW1.
    cheers
    Richie
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Richie. I had a look in British Infantry Uniforms from 1660 by Michael Barthorp and there's a Boer War Rifle Brigade/KRRC (can't remember which) with snake clasp so looks like it's going to be a Line regt.

Roger.
  6. Tarracus A Fixture

Hi Roger, looking pretty well so far. Face contrast levels are Ok to me.(y)
    Nice workbench by the way..if you find an 1/10 trench shovel amidst that mess, let me know!!:ROFLMAO:)
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Gerard. Glad you said that, the face looks okay to me too. I prefer this to the high contrast look.
    When I go away everything gets packed away, I've only been home since Saturday and this is what it looks like already :eek: but if it turns up I'll send a ransom note. :playful:

Roger.
    Tarracus likes this.
  8. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Roger,
    Easily fixed, carefully scrape the belt buckle away and fashion one with some fuse or solder wire.
    cheers
    Richie snake belt 2.jpg snake belt1.jpg
  9. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    The face detail is amazing mate.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I did think about that Richie and if it was my figure I'd probably do it but as it's for someone else I'll do it as is.
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Taff. :)
  12. taffjones Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Its what I do mate, just an all round good guy. (y)
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Ahhhh! so that's how it's done Roger....assemble...prime....paint.......then flatten it with a Caulking Mallet.
    Great face, should look good
    Cheers
    Derek
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    :ROFLMAO: Cheers Derek, I'd need a flippin' big 'ammer to flatten this fella out.
  15. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice so far!!!
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Christos. The plan is to start work on the uniform this morning.

Roger.