1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

A friend of mine´s work.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Uruk-Hai, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Saturday was spent among friends at a social gathering for modellers in the middle of the land of the Aurora Borealis. In Mariestad which is not far from the Swedish Panzer Museum Axvalla for those of you familliar with armoured stuff.

My friend, Carl Gunnarsson, is sculpting the piece below and would like to have some input. Its a submarine diver for a british midget submarine. All except the hands which are from Hornet are original work.

Sorry for the bad pictures but I didnt have a tripod.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Pete_H New Member

Hey, that looks really good! Particularly interesting subject too.
  3. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) !! Cheers !
    Kenneth.
  4. Patrick Kirk New Member

Agree with Petey...very nice and rarely seen subject; I take it, this is sculpted in the manly 54mm scale, huh? ;)
  5. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Thanks for the comments!

Im forwarding them to Carl(Calle). I see if I can hold on better pictures.
    Sorry Ive forgot to mention that it is 54mm scale.
    And more precisly its a d®iver for the British Human torpedo "Charioteer".

[IMG]
  6. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Now this is being updated with some more in progress pictures that Ive recieved from Carl. The figures is painted and attended the IPMS-Open the past weekend where it shamelessly only got a "commended"(equal to a bronze). :angry:
    Please tell Carl if you like it as he needs some opinions and encouragement.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. LCoote New Member

Australia
    The sculpting is excellent, the folds look every bit like a rubber diving suit, if that's what it was made of, and it looks like a lot of work has gone into the helmet and breathing apparatus. I wonder is he supposed to be on a sunken ship on the seabed, or if it's something else.
  8. thegoodsgt Active Member

United-States
    Very intriguing subject that's nicely sculpted. I'd love to see a bust of the same diver.
  9. nagashino New Member

Hi Janne

Your mate Carl should be a planeteer ;) - this is excellent and represents a "charioteer" crewman of a human torpedo. These were used to some effect against moored vessels and these brave guys suffered a high ratio of losses in action.

Carl has done the rubberised canvas suit to perfection, and the attention to detail on the mask and breathing apparatus is first class.

And it only managed a Bronze?? Maybe because it's an obscure subject and not to the judges' taste :(

For me, Carl, it's a winner, and full marks for effort!

Phil
  10. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    This is not a subject familiar to me, although I know they existed, this still a beautifully sculpted piece, and the groundwork is something else, its gonna be interesting to see how the water is tackled, if at all....

But brilliantly done none the less

Dave
  11. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    What a great figure....the setting is excellent and the sculpting of the suit is beautiful.
    It's such a complete representation, almost a single figure diorama, full of interesting detail. I'd love to see the finished piece...really imaginative presentation too.

All the best.

Roy.
  12. Von Bock Well-Known Member

United-States
    Janne,
    Tell your friend Carl that it is a very impressive piece. Brock :)
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely sculpted and detailed.~Gary
  14. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Finally got a picture of the piece finnished to post. Here we go. Carl reads the comment but he think his english isnt good enough. Not even direct threats have helped yet. ;)

[IMG]

Cheers
  15. amherbert Member

The 'groundwork' is superb. I love that rotted barrel.

I'd like to see a closeup of the finished diver. He looks good but it's hard to see him.

Andy