1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

95th Rifles Mil Mart Demi Ronde

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Tecumsea, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I'm posting this because Gary and Roger asked me to-I painted it last summer along with about 8 other pieces from Ken and Rafa Cebrian-they are a great diversion and for me a way back into painting after a bit of a lull.
    It is behind glass and I'm afraid the camera has bleached the Dark Green and over accentuated the highlights.

Keith P1260005.JPG
    Tarracus, Tommi, pmfs and 3 others like this.
  2. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    P1260005.JPG Looks better as a thumbnail.
    Sturm Grenadier likes this.
  3. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looks well Keith, I'm never going to point the figure re photos mate so no comments here ;)
    Steve
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
  5. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks great!
    Would love to see the others as well...

-Rich
  6. MalcC A Fixture

England
    Keith
    Nice work Keith, I agree a diversion from the norm is a great way to get painting again after a lull.
    I too would like to see the others.

Malc
  7. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Keith, very nice indeed.
    Question if i may. On the name plate it says Colour Sergeant, on the fig he has three stripes on the left arm and only two on the right arm:unsure: Could you explain this please incase i am missing something. Thanks.

Barrie.
  8. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hi Barrie, no idea mate I just paint what's there-those that know me know that I don't know the difference between a Sergeant a Corporal or a Wren......no I'm not joking...... I'll let someone else answer the question;)

Keith
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Hold on a mo I've got the answer in front of me.

Roger.
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    very good work.

marc
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Rifle Brigade "Colour Sergeants wore the special badge shown on the right arm and the black three bar chevron on the left."

Source British Infantry Unifroms Since 1660, Michael Barthorp, illustrations by Pierre Turner. I bet you've got this one too Keith. :D

Roger.

PICT0003.JPG
    BarrieHynd likes this.
  12. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Yes, don't rub it in Roger:rolleyes: I just never know where to start looking....in fact I remember that is the book that Ken used for the sculpt & I used for the painting.......but it was 6 months ago .......thanks for providing an answer for Barrie.

Keith
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I knew you would have it. :LOL:
  14. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I've probably got two:LOL::ROFLMAO:
    billyturnip likes this.
  15. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Roger, thanks for the info, learn something new everyday on here.

Barrie.
  16. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    You're welcome Barrie.
  17. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    Hi Keith, personally I don,t consider these figures as demi ronde bosse, to me they are bass reliefs. Point hardly worth a mention but.... oh well!
    Best wishes, Gary.
  18. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    What's the difference Gary? how would you describe your pieces My Figures 2010 005.JPG
  19. garyhiggins A Fixture

England
    I can't think that whatever the difference is, it matters, other than DRB's are double sided. Apart from that, George Hanger showed me some years ago, and they were so awful I've never liked the term since. The best discription of mine I ever heard,was by Mike Hall from Florida who called them "Roadkill Rounds". I just call them flat!
    Best wishes, Gary.
  20. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    "Roadkill Rounds".....Love it!

If the term means double sided ( I have seen some great examples) and that is the accepted definition i'll use bass relief from now on!

Keith