1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 90mm Hawk Miniatures Lt. Souter.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Paul Casson, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Paul Casson Active Member

fig3.jpg fig1.jpg fig2.jpg fig3.jpg First post so apologies for the photography. This was an absolute pleasure to build and paint. Mostly painted in acrylics except for the face, hands and poshteen coat. Did try to add some patterning to the coat but as the paint dried it became more indistinct fig3.jpg fig1.jpg fig2.jpg
    Kisifer, JonP, Eludia and 2 others like this.
  2. Funky50 Guest

Nice work Paul.....Kevin
    Paul Casson likes this.
  3. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Looks generally decent, but I think that this is a case of the photos not doing the figure proper justice.

Few models get away with being blown up to such a degree because the camera shows up every tiny flaw and speck of dust that just isn't visible to the naked eye from a normal viewing distance, and will massively magnify casting flaws like those deep grooves in the jacket that would have benefitted from a bit of pre-paintwork filling and smoothing.

I would imagine this one looks much better "in the flesh" than it does on the monitor.

- Steve
    Paul Casson likes this.
  4. swralph A Fixture

I concur with Steve on this.I do wonder how many figures you have done.
    However it is nicely painted.Keep having fun.
    Cheers
    Ralph
  5. Paul Casson Active Member

Ralph, this is my first 90mm figure, working my way up the scales. Prior to this I've done 2 54mm crusades period knights and just finished a 75mm Romeo Hospitaller knight and an ADC to Marshall Suchet figure. My history has been mostly with 1/35 armour but have found the figures infinitely more gratifying. Totally agree with the photo's, they haven't done the figure any favours at all.
    swralph likes this.
  6. Paul Casson Active Member

Many thanks Kevin and Steve I couldn't agree more regarding the photography...going to have to practice.
  7. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Hi Paul,
    Nicely done and glad you liked the figure.
    If you are heading down to Euro or Telford please stop by the stand and say hello and if possible let me see it in the flesh. As seeing our kits painted is part of why I am in this hobby.

Regards
  8. Paul Casson Active Member

Hello John,
    hopefully going to Euro so will do. Very well done on the figure, casting was top notch. Would love to see more figures from the Victorian wars and even happier if they are to this standard of sculpt.
    Thank you for the kind words, means a lot.
    All the best
    Paul
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work.

marc
  10. Paul Casson Active Member

Many thanks Marc.
    Cheers Paul