1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique 90 mm Ashigaru (Pegaso models)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Ineluki, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thanks for kind comments guys. Oda - unfortunetly I don't know much about miniature's historical correctness, but did samurais fight with firearms ? Anyway, the sculpture itself is excellent.
    Simon
    peedee and Oda like this.
  2. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Hello..
    My work is going on, and i got my camera back, so as I promised, some more picutres here. I hope you like it.

Attached Files:

3. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This looks really great, great painting.

Paul.
    Oda likes this.
  4. Oda A Fixture

Your work is breathtaking.An absolute pleasure to watch.Your figure is absolutely correct on all accounts.Samurai scorned firearms in the begining it is true but 16th century warlords were pragmatists.Once they grasped the full potential of massed volley firing......Besides samurai is a generic term.It denotes an entire socioeconomic class.Not all samurai were equal.Some stood lower,others higher in the social scale.Yours is a lower or middle ranking samurai alright.Very difficult for an ashigaru to have obtained so much and good quality armour plus the wonderfully patterned clothing.Of course none of this should concern you.You are doing a magnificent job on a flawless piece.I can't wait to see it completed.Hats off to you mate.

Oda.
    Tecumsea and peedee like this.
  5. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Beautifully crisp and colourful painting.

Cheers,
    Andrew
  6. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    That is some amazing painting right there. Incredible so far... Can't wait to see it finished (y)
    Phil
  7. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Paul, Oda, Andrew, Phil - thanks for nice comments. Model is almost assembled, here are some pictures. I hope you like it.
    Simon

Attached Files:

fermatgom, Aveleira, Jeff T and 7 others like this.
  8. Dekiman Well-Known Member

This one will be a masterpiece.
    peedee and Oda like this.
  9. Oda A Fixture

Impeccable!

Oda.
    peedee likes this.
  10. Metal Extremo Well-Known Member

A lot of work done, mate. Very well done, y must add.
    I can't wait to watch it finished
    peedee likes this.
  11. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    Absolutely first rate! Can't wait to see more!
    Phil
    peedee likes this.
  12. oldtrousers PlanetFigure Supporter

peedee likes this.
  13. arj A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    That is looking very, very nice.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    peedee likes this.
  14. Forté A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow. That is stunning in every detail.
    peedee likes this.
  15. Jeff T A Fixture

Australia
    Simply brilliant work Simon!

Absolutetly beautiful paint work.....one of those pieces I can stare at for ages, just taking it all in.

Cheer's,
    Jeff.
  16. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Deikman, Oda, Metal Extremo, Phil, Andrew, Forte, Jeff and Oldtrousers - thank you very much for very nice comments.
    It's been a while since my last posting, but I've stucked with the flag, and I mean not the emblem, but the flag itself. I really dont know what happened here - this element didn't seem to complicated to paint, and I' ve never had problems with painting red.
    Anyway, I painted the flag 3 times - 2 times with acrylics, 1 time with oils and I'm still not happy with the result, but I'm not trying to better it. Good news is the model is almost finished - just the helmet to be painted. For now it seems rather easy to paint .
    Just as the flag did. :)
    I hope you enjoy the pictures.
    Simon

Attached Files:

Oda, Aveleira and Forté like this.
  17. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Almost there. All elements painted, but some oil painting still drying and I cant fully assemble the model. Pictures are not so good (I think something is wrong withm my camera - sharpness issues). I hope you'll like it anyway.

Attached Files:

debrito, maxag, billyturnip and 3 others like this.
  18. Oda A Fixture

This is absolutely magnificent.Noone as skilled as yourself should stay away from painting for long periods (tell your boss I said so).You should paint more and grace us with such beautiful pieces.Brilliant,I really can't express my enthusiasm for this beauty.Hats off to you sir.

Oda.
    Ineluki likes this.
  19. Ineluki Active Member

Poland
    Thanks for kind words Oda, you are being too nice for me. I really apprecciate this, mate. And let me anounce, that after many painfull hours this model is finished. Oda's comment motivated me to spend some more time with pictures, to present my work in most accurate manner. I'm not sure if I like the effects - pictures are sharp, but colours look a bit strange. I can see from the pictures some minor mistakes to correct, but this is my last posting here. For the fully finished model (base) I will start a separate theread. Many thanks to all of you for the feedback.
    Simon

Attached Files:

20. Oda A Fixture

One of the best painted samurai I have ever seen.Absolutely fantastic.Congrats mate,you've really nailed it.

Oda.