1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book 75mm Naval Brigade from Hawk Miniatures

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Well Telford for me turned into a really good day. Not because I also purchased this.... but it was in the box as well :)) could not resist John, honest:ROFLMAO:)

Again I bought this lovely little piece to convert into a Naval Brigade figure from the Zulu War, as good Senior Service figures for this period are a niche rarity for me and this is a good one.

Well done John for another fine release from Hawk Miniatures. Alan has sculpted some lovely detail into this one and the casting is as good as it gets. Not too much to sort out for me on this one and I can see it will go together like a the Artillery figure did, a dream.
    Here are the photo's.
    cheers
    Richie
    Naval2.JPG Naval1.JPG Naval4.JPG
    Naval3.JPG
    Redcap, anstontyke, dArtagnan and 5 others like this.
  2. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    [IMG]

Hi Richie,

Thanks for the review, I had a special White one boxed up for you. But you chose the Blue one :)
    I look forward to seeing the completed/painted ones soon.

More Details here

Regards
  3. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

You could have thrown in those two old tatty painted ones as well:rolleyes:. Seriously though....... you could have.:LOL:

Now really being serious, both box art versions by Eddy Vandersteen are a real joy to look and if you needed further convincing just look at the above.
    MCPWilk, marco55, anstontyke and 5 others like this.
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Richie

What a great looking figure and the usual brilliant painting by EV

Thanks for the review

Nap
  5. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Many thanks for the nice comments guys !
    The figure is a real joy to paint, but the white version shown here by John is not mine,
    these are the two versions that I've painted.
    Cheers,
    Eddy

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Eddy,
    Apologies, I thought you had done both as I had seen both your versions. Two very fine renditions from you may I add(y).
    cheers
    Richie
    Dewi Evans likes this.
  7. dArtagnan A Fixture

Belgium
    Hi Richie,
    No need to apologize, mate, the two versions that are on the stand of John, are both painted by me, buth the first photo of the white version (shown here by John) is not painted by me.
    Cheers,
    Eddy
    Dewi Evans likes this.
  8. Hawk_Uk PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Sorry for any confusion over who painted what.

The one I posted was by Malcolm Oatley, the picture was to hand yesterday. As Eddy said the ones on my stand are painted by him.

I also believe there could be a Mil Mod article on the figure in the New Year too.
    Dewi Evans likes this.
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

You could have eliminated all this confusion if you had given me those two figures:rolleyes::whistle: :LOL:
    Dewi Evans likes this.