1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm Lancer WIP #4

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by JGREEN, Dec 5, 2008.

1. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Greetings! Here's a few shots of what I've been working on - the face. It was painted with oils. Not sure I'm satisfied with it, there's still some "fine tuning" to do. The forehead is dark because it will be in the shadow of the helmet. Not much left to do now, my next post should be the completed figure! Thanks for looking.

Jason

Attached Files:

2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Jason,

That is really some nice painting. It seems that I like each new figure better than the the last one.

Thanks for sharing,

Joe
  3. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Well Jason, what I'd look to do here is strip this thing down and just start all over. :eek::confused::D:p;)

Of course I'm not serious. You truly are my hero man, this is just great stuff! The worn leather on the gloves, the shading on the orange..........go pull someone over and stop showin' off here!!!!! :D

Jay H.
    OKc
  4. Clarence1 Member

Canada
    Really nice work. I'm folllowing this tread with great pleasure. Hope to see the end result soon!!!!

Clarence
  5. Major_Goose Well-Known Member

Greece
    Jason i think that this one is pne of your finest pieces so far . Smooth transitions and nicely put colors. I really like this.

I am also interested in the procedure you used for the golden lace at chect band amd also the rest of golden lace decoratives such as the ones on the trousers. Would you share your method ?

Congratulations

Costas
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Jason,
    It looks great. The transitions are so fine. The gold lace is superbe.
    Waiting for the completed figure.

Marc
  7. el cid New Member

Canada
    Jason,
    I hope you plan to bring this to MFCA. Can't wait to see this piece in the flesh.
    If possible, please share with us some of your approach to your work.
    As I said previous, I'm a fan of your work and I am sure I am not alone with this opinion.
  8. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    The face looks great to me Jason, what is your mix for the flesh.Looking forward to seeing this one all come together.

David
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Jason,
    Great looking and wish I could do half as good.
    Cheers
    John
  10. unknown01 New Member

Japan
    Amazing work!!!!!!!
    I'm looking forward to future's development!
  11. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Joe, Jay, Clarence, Costas, Marc, Steve, David, John and Hikaru:

Thank you, gentlemen, for your comments!
    Costas: for cloth gold lace I use acrylics. Colors used are golden yellow, desert yellow, red leather, german camo black brown, and black.
    David: my flesh mix is pretty complicated (probably more so than necessary) and getting the proportions of the mix right is tricky. I start with Raw Sienna, Venetian Red (just a touch - this is a very powerful color and will easily overpower the rest) and White. To this, in varying proportions, I add: Cobalt Violet, Brown Madder, Thalo Yellow Green (very little, probably not needed at all), Burnt Umber, Prussian Blue, Alizarin Crimson (another powerful color, so only a touch is needed), and sometimes Flesh Tint. It's an odd recipe, but works pretty well when you get comfortable with it.
    Steve: MFCA is not in my plans, but if you'll be in Chicago again next year, he should be there.
  12. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Fantastic overall paintwork Jason.
    Looking forward to see this one finished.

Marcel.
  13. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Marcel!

Jason
  14. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Wow, love your work, That's magnificent!!!!!!!

Leigh
  15. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    Thank you Leigh!

Jason