1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

75mm German officers recce

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by 1969, Jul 27, 2009.

1. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    This is my latest piece i am working on and depicts three officers doing a recce of their defensive positions prior to another soviet attack. I have used mainly Supersculpey for the main bulk of the work and magicsculpt for the detail areas. I am planning on a industrial scene for the basework and hopefully will begin on it soon.

All comments and critique welcome.

Steve

Attached Files:

2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Top stuff Steve, well done.
    Carl.
  3. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello Steve,

Seems perfect. Great sculp.:)

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  4. Aterz Active Member

Italy
    Excellent sculpt!
    Well done :)

regards from Italy
    Andrea
  5. Barke02 Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic Steve!

That's a hell of a lot of work to do from scratch. Is that real wood you've used for the rifle stock? And the awards in green stuff look so good I can make them out: iron cross, assuault badge and wound badge?

Cheers,
    Jon.
  6. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent sculpting Steve. True artistry.
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Guys thanks for the responses to the figures it is much appreciated, i will update when i start on the groundwork.

Jon ... yes i used real wood for the stock of the KAR as i find its easy to shape the awkward shape of the stock and you are correct with the awards mate.

Thanks all,

Steve
  8. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Steve, another nice piece. I like the variety of hights of the figures. As always the weapons look great. How did you find using the sculpey in this scale? I've only used it for busts so far.
  9. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hi Steve,
    The figures look good.The poses tell the story and they all are bound together.My favourite is the Hauptmann in the middle.Look forward to their progress.
    Andy
  10. skydive53 Member

Italy
    Hi Steve,great sculpt,good idea and..a lot work waiting for you with the basework..for sure you'll enjoy it!Let'us see your next step..
    ciao
    rinaldo
  11. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Steve: as always each figure is better than the last. I like what you've done so far and can not wait to see them done up.
  12. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Robert... Thanks mate i was trying to get some variation between the figure including height pose and uniform. I love using Sculpey for this scale although i havent used it for anything smaller yet, i find it fantastic for rendering the cloathing as you can play around with it again and again untill your happy. I had some difficulty getting used to it at first especially trying to smooth it out, how do you smooth yours ?

Andrew... Yes the Hauptmann seems to be a few peoples favourite so far, its my first try at a Tanker crewman and im happy how he turned out.

Rinaldo... I hope to start the basework today, thanks for the compliment.

Anthony... Thanks mate and its great to see you on here, keep in touch mate.

Thanks all

Steve
  13. elanlane13 A Fixture

England
    Steve,
    I use: spit, vaseline, cellulose thinners or talcum powder to work with sculpey.
    When shaping I mostly use vaseline (as with Magic sculp). I have used cellulsoe thinners, but find it rather harsh, but it does clean the putty off the clay shapers!!
    Once finished talc rubbed on is great for final smoothing.

If you are using Sculpey with other media, do you bake it first and then add detail with the other stuff, or bake all together?
  14. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    thanks for the info Robert much appreciated and i will try the talc approach.

Yes i bake off(well boil for 5 minutes) the sculpey first before adding the apoxy putty details.

Cheers

Steve