1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 54mm Marie Louise - toy soldiers style figure

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Borek, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Hi

This is one of my latest sculpt - Marie Louise with son Napoleon II. It was really nice work. Unfortunately, due to the delay of the reasons long illness I had to hastily finishing touches lot. The Figures were created according to the historical painting (with minor changes to the customer's wishes).

Material Bees Putty firm. Armature - wire + thin layer Magic sculp. Baby bed - Magic sculp.

Thanks for watching :)

Cheers Borek

Finished figure

Marie Louise Finished a.jpg

360°video

Some WIPs

Marie Louise WIP 1.jpg

Marie Louise WIP 2.jpg

Marie Louise WIP 3.jpg

Original painting (cutout)

Pattern.jpg

Maciej, Edorta, arj and 13 others like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Beautiful subject and another Amazing sculpt Borek
    I am not sure why you say these figures are "toy soldier style"? They are 54mm works of art.
    Keith
    Borek, MCPWilk, anstontyke and 3 others like this.
  3. swralph A Fixture

This is fantastic Borek:).
    I like the fact that the child's face looks like a child.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Amazing sculpt Borek and I agree with Keith.
  5. phil_h A Fixture

United-States
    That's some fantastic sculpting. Love it!
    Phil
    Oda, Borek, anstontyke and 1 other person like this.
  6. Osebor PlanetFigure Supporter

Spain
    Great sculpt!
    Borek, anstontyke and clrsgt like this.
  7. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    I'm with Keith and Bob on this one.
    Borek and anstontyke like this.
  8. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    You just get better and better! Impressive Borek!

Ken
    Oda, Borek and anstontyke like this.
  9. WehrWolf Member

Hi
    Great subject and very nice sculpting - i would like to see it painted :)
  10. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Yeah, I wondered the same thing. The quality of the sculpt is certainly within the range of connoisseur figures. Excellent piece!

Prost!
    Brad
    Borek, anstontyke and Wings5797 like this.
  11. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States
    As usual, this is a superior sculpt. My one negative observation, you may want to tone down the King of Rome's nose. Now get on with de Broglie! (please).
  12. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Hi Keith. Thanks a lot for your praise. As for toy soldiers vs. high quality sculpts (in my concept), it's mainly a matter of finishing and fine-tuning the surface and detail. The fact that I make a figure in a much smaller time (and less money: P) does not mean that I will become a worse sculptor than the HQ figurine. So the basic work, modeling, shaping anatomy, drapery and other aspects of Sculpt is the same. But somehow it has to show up, and that is just the surface treatment, the extermination, the detail trimming, etc. These pieces just look good in the whole, in detail they are no longer so impressive.

I do not like making Toy Soldiers, it's been such a longer order now and I'm doing it for just one friend. Otherwise I want to concentrate mainly on HQ quality figures, which will come soon :). Thats all :)

Thank you Ralph, I'm so glad you like :)

Thanks so much Bob. More about the toy soldiers in response to Keith (above) :)

Thanks a lot Phil :)

Thanks Osebor :)

Thanks you so much, More about the toy soldiers in response to Keith ;)

Thank you very much Ken, I appreciate you words :)

Thanks a lot :). Unfortunately, it is a toy soldier, so quality paint can forget about ...

Big thanks for you nice words Brad. I appreciate it, but I offer (also to you) the explanation you will find above (in response to Keith) :).

Hi Jaybo. Thanks for the criticism. This is one of the consequences of Toy soldiers style figurek - much less time to work and less attention to detail. The figurine is already on sale so the boy's nose will remain as it is :).

As for Broglie, it's more complicated. I have a long delay after a long illness and I have a very busy timetable. Unfortunately, I do not even get what I need. But I like Broglie and I want to do it. I started talking to the customer on this topic to include the person in the editorial plan. It will be created in high quality :). It seems that it really will come out, but it will not be right now. I found nice pictures, I think it will be a very nice and prestigious piece. So just hold on to :)

sap01_69v01813_p.jpg

Victor_François_de_Broglie_2nd_Duke_of_Broglie.jpg

Many thanks guys for the watching, likes and comments. I appreciate it wery much :)

Cheers Borek
  13. Jaybo Well-Known Member

United-States

Many thanks Borek. I have never seen that particular painting. Marechal de Broglie was one of the more successful French generals of the 18th century when their armies had rather mixed results on the battlefield. It would make a stunning figure that no one to my knowledge has done before. Thank you so much for seriously considering my request.
    On a more important note, I hope that you have fully recovered from your malady. Nothing is more important than our physical and spiritual health in my opinion. Take care. All the best,
    Jay
    Borek likes this.
  14. Oda A Fixture

Exceptional work.Still can't figure out why you call them toys when they are clearly not but I guess that's your thing.I love it.

Oda.
    Borek likes this.
  15. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Thanks Jay, and you're welcome. This figure wil be very nice. And yes, I'm better, though I'm still not really well. But the main thing is that I can work again :)

Thanks so much Oda :)

Cheers Borek
    Oda and Jaybo like this.