1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book 54mm K.R.R.C. from Tommy's War

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Richie, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi All,
    Well this one made a fine trio to take home from Telford. Thank you Darren(y). This 54mm figure depicts a Sgt. of the King's Royal Rifle Corps and is released by Darren of Tommy's War as part of his Victoria's Heroes range.

Sculpted by Alvaro Barroso and box art by Edward Sage, well done to both parties. I had the privilege of seeing the painted version in the flesh. I would have been privileged to have this in my own cabinet. I SAID DARREN, I WOULD HAVE BEEN .......oh never mind..

Here are the photo's.
    cheers
    Richie

Really like the slick new packaging Darren(y):cool:

60th2.JPG
    60th1.JPG 60th3.JPG 60th5.JPG 60th6.JPG
    60th4.JPG
    Jimbo, Grod, captnenglish and 5 others like this.
  2. Dewi Evans Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Richie,

I couldn't resist buying this one at Telford either, great figure from Tommy's War.
    anstontyke likes this.
  3. ometz Well-Known Member

United-States
    It is a great sculpt. Too bad that the Victoria's Heroes line is going to be discontinued. The good news is that TW will continue to provide its WW1 figures.
    clrsgt and anstontyke like this.
  4. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

:eek:
    anstontyke likes this.
  5. Dewi Evans Member

United-Kingdom
    :eek: That's not very good news, do you now why ometz!!!!!!
    clrsgt and anstontyke like this.
  6. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    There is nothing about that on his website.
    I also have this one and another two in the range.
  7. Tommys War A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Richie, great review. Good try, but the box art figure is staying in my cabinet ;-)

It is correct that Victoria's Heroes is going to be discontinued so that I can concentrate solely on Tommy's War. The Victoria's Heroes range will be listed on my website until December 31st, it will then be fully withdrawn and be officially out of production.
  8. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Oh well never mind, got those I wanted. Hope to see more WWI figures soon.
    All the best and a Merry Christmas
  9. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Darren,
    Sad news in one respect when you bring us such fine figures as this one, but I totally understand your decision in wanting to concentrate on Tommy's War. What ever you do in the future I hope you have the well deserved and continued success from the TW range.(y)

uSuthu!
    Richie
    Dewi Evans, Paul N and napoleonpeart like this.