1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 54mm Andre Desilles, Nancy Mutiny 1790

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jul 3, 2017.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    Working on a little.scenette to show Leutenient Desillés and a Grenadier of the Regiment Du Roi before he would be mortally wounded .
    A little bit of history ,

André (or Antoine-Joseph-Marc
    Désilles (11 March 1767, Saint-Malo - 17 October 1790, Nancy) was a junior French army officer during the early stages of the French Revolution. In 1790 he was a lieutenant in the Régiment du Roi infanterie which together with the Mestre-de-Camp Cavalry and the Swiss Régiment de Lullin de Chateauvieux comprised the regular garrison of Nancy in north-eastern France. All three regiments mutinied against their officers in August of that year in what came to be known as the Nancy affair. On 31 August 1790 Désilles was mortally wounded whilst throwing himself in front of a cannon in a vain hope of stopping the outbreak of fighting between the mutineers and troops sent to restore order under General de Bouillé. Nancy's Porte Désilles is named after him.

For this scenette i am usimg 2 figures i bought like almost 2 years ago from.France, , i really did not have any use for them plus their faces lacked details, so, i "guillotined" their heads and added some spare heads i had, added the grenadier bearfur hat and the iconic helmet used by the King's Regiment.
    Cheers
    800px-DesillesBarbier.jpg 20170703_214919.jpg 20170703_214925.jpg 20170703_214936.jpg
    Nap, marco55, Blind Pew and 11 others like this.
  2. Oda A Fixture

A very interesting story,lots of uniformological and regimental details and an excellent start based on yet another successful conversion.Nothing out of the ordinary right? Just another usual day for you mate;)!Well done indeed!!!!

Oda.
    peedee and MarquisMini like this.
  3. Borek A Fixture

Czech-Republic
    Hi daniel. Very interesting story. It is a pity that you do not have figures from which you could directly create the fight that is in the historical painting. Even so, I'm looking forward this vignette and i wish you lot of fun :)
  4. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Thought you could sneak one past me eh ..LOL

Great start again ..that's 2 figures only another 50+ ........

Great background details

Following right behind you

Nap
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks for your always support watching the thread s Oda.
    Lets see how these chaps come along.
    I will have to be careful not to overdone lights and shadows since i jave been painting smaller
    scales
    Best regards
    peedee and Oda like this.
  6. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks Borek!
    Yes, even thou i can create the figures but the idea of this little scenette is to, an extent, show the uniform of a Regiment i have not done before and show more less the time that Desillés try to calm down their subordinates and have them come back to their senses.
    Cheers mate :)
    peedee, Borek and Oda like this.
  7. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Commando mode again hebe.
    Cheers mate
    peedee, Borek and napoleonpeart like this.
  8. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have finished the powdered wig and part of the end tip of the mane. 20170704_093435.jpg 20170704_093446.jpg 20170704_093453.jpg
    marco55, Lasalle, peedee and 4 others like this.
  9. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    And a little accident with the figure at the garage, a shelf fell on top of the officer Desilles and broke a leg , bent thw other leg and damaged some areas, so, that rendered the figure useless.
    I decided to continue anyways and make a single figure for display.
    I reace the grenadier head and uniform is perfect for a fusilier officer, changed the position of the arms a little and transferred the head with helmet to it..... 20170704_225942.jpg 20170704_225954.jpg
    marco55, peedee, Oda and 3 others like this.
  10. Nap Moderator

England
    Daniel

Now come on what really happened ..shelf go after you climbing in a July 4th stunt perhaps .....

Sorry to hear about it , at least it wasn't the last diorama ..phew! ...hope the items on shelf are okay !

From 50+ to 2 to 1 .........it will be a fine bit of modelling ....are you just keeping it as one ?

Looking forward to seeing this more

Happy painting ...and BBQing ...but no DIY ...LOL

Nap
  11. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Well, things happen mate, especiLly when the garage is a little crowded with stuff.
    Fortunate for me , that shelf fell over that figure and knock a plactic cup with some brushes and water, so, not too bad hahaha.
    This will be a single figure, just to show Desillés trying to hold the mutineers back and talk sense to them before things escalate it and fiinally lost his life.
    Cheers
    peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I have finished the lace and loops on the lapels a d below the lapels and in one of the cuffs.
    I also added all the buttons of the uniform using brown stuff.
    Cheers 20170705_220653.jpg 20170705_220706.jpg
    marco55, Mike Stevens, Borek and 5 others like this.
  13. Oda A Fixture

Your expertise in creating fine detail with putty really comes into its own now that you are working in 54mm.So sad to hear about the "death" of the other fellow!He survived so many battles only ot loose his life in peacetime:D.Looking forward to seeing this completed.

Oda.
    MarquisMini, peedee and napoleonpeart like this.
  14. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely idea Daniel, enjoy it.

Paul
    Oda, MarquisMini and napoleonpeart like this.
  15. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Daniel

Could have been worse my friend it coukd have fell on the BBQ ...LOL

As Oda says lovely work on adding the details ...sure I this before ...what's brown stuff?

Looking forward to more fom you young man

Happy priming, painting and presentation

Thanks for sharing

Nap
    Wings5797 and Oda like this.
  16. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Jaha, i know, it could have been a real disaster if fell on one of the Yorktown squares or completed vignettes , so, i am om what with happened :)
    Oda and peedee like this.
  17. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Thanks Mate!
  18. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks Kev, i will prime the fig and start painting that White with Royal Blue facimgs today ;-)
    Oda and peedee like this.
  19. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    This is one of the main references i am using.... 1301503832-du_roi_1786_02.jpg 1301503684-du_roi_1786.jpg
    marco55, Jaybo, Mike Stevens and 6 others like this.
  20. Nap Moderator

England
    Great reference there Daniel...as always

Looking forward to the whites

Happy painting

Nap
    Wings5797, Oda, peedee and 1 other person like this.