1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP 40mm Officer of Regiment Dillon , Yorktown 1781

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MarquisMini, Jun 28, 2016.

1. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    Here is another minor conversion from a figure of Lafayette in continental Army uniform (Trident designs).
    I am converting the figure to an officer of the Irish Regiment in French service, Dillon.
    I have shortened the long lapels typical of the American and british coats, added the side curls of the wig and epaulettes using green stuff.
    The Regiment of Dillon was stationed in Martinique from March 1779 until september 1783.
    This great Regimentt took part on the attack of Grenada, the ill fated siege of Savannah and contributed some of its soldiers and officers to the Marquis de St Simon forces at Yorktown.
    This officer will be placed on the 4th and final square of the Yorktown diorama with the senior officers and commanders.
    Regards 895e2167828ce150b57b8cd6dfaef58e.jpg 20160605_160407.jpg 20160605_203350.jpg
    marco55 and Wings5797 like this.
  2. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Another fine conversion Daniel.
    The undercoated figure looks nice and sharp, prep for some super brushwork.
    Keith
    MarquisMini likes this.
  3. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina

Thanks mate, i think i like painting red now :)
  4. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    I finally started to put some color on this chap.
    As you can see on the pic, the base color for the red coat is GW mephiston red, a very deep red. 20160628_235553.jpg
  5. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Hello folks,
    I've finished the coat, or at least 90% of it, all left to do is paintimg the herrinbone lace on the sleeves and paint the turnbacks with Fleur-de-lys.
    Next it will be the vest and pants, hat is also finished. 20160629_232359.jpg 20160629_232439.jpg
    marco55 and billyturnip like this.