1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed 30mm Danish Dragoons.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Aug 7, 2015.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Martin64, peedee, swralph and 8 others like this.
  2. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rodger they look great a few Ideas on a few figures from that war some good stuff well done like to see how you mount them.

Cheersw

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Cheers Ian. They are painted both sides so the plan was to mount them on a wood base with a bit of groundwork but looking through my meagre stash of bases nothing is big enough so they will be going in the cabinet like this for the time being. Which probably means forever Lol.
    I have quite a bit of reference material for both Schleswig Wars if you're interested.
  4. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Rodger

cheers mate would love some I only have a few bit of art work on the war very limited. I have the Prussians but the Danish side is a little different. the cav look interesting. I think they would make an interesting study.
    Get in touch with Richard at Oakwood studios, he has some great bases I'm sure you will find a base for them, they are crying out for it with some ground work.
    And you will have to bring them to the White Rose xmas Bash. we have some great flats on show.

cheers

ian

www.elliesminiatures.com
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Ian, I'm sure I have your email address, stand by pics inbound shortly.

I'll check my dates but I'm away this Christmas but I have a feeling you have the bash before I go.
  6. ellie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    billyturnip likes this.
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nice finish, Roger! I like your coloring on the horses especially. Whether you put them in a little diorama or in on a classic velvet backdrop in a frame, they'll look great!

Prost!
    Brad
  8. Graham A Fixture

England
    Very nice work as usual Roger. Always an eye for something different. This is what I like about flats, a change from the 'normal' stuff. 30mm is way too small for me though :(
    Wings5797 likes this.
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Brad. I'm quite pleased with the way the horses turned out as I tried a couple of different colours in the mix.
    I think you'll like some of my latest purchases. ;)
    theBaron likes this.
  10. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Awesome painting Roger, I can't see that small, you've done a good job.

Bob
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Graham. I'm usually influenced by what what books I'm reading and luckily I can find flats to match that interest.
    30mm isn't that bad, my eyesight is though... but I have help. :D
    peedee likes this.
  12. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Great stuff, Roger! Fun!

All the best,
    Dan
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you very much Bob, at this size it's not so much about the detail as the placing of light and shade.
    theBaron and Viking Bob like this.
  14. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Dan. At times it wasn't fun. :D
  15. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom

Yes, Thats okay Roger but I have to see where to put light and shade
    billyturnip likes this.
  16. Mirofsoft A Fixture

Belgium
    Nice mini dio
    billyturnip likes this.
  17. Wings5797 A Fixture

France
    Great work Roger.
    Good to see these Danes together but a shame that you have banished them to the cabinet at this early stage..........they will look awesome on a plinth ;)
    billyturnip likes this.
  18. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Beautiful executed as usually and nice to see some Danish, it doesn't happen so often. Thank you for sharing :)
  19. Helm A Fixture

England
    Looking great Rog nice work
    Steve
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you very much. :)